Jeannette star Cox making college decision known Monday
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Jeannette senior Demetrious Cox, after visiting Wisconsin this weekend, has decided to announce his decision on his college future Monday.
Cox's final four are Michigan State, Ohio State, Wisconsin and Penn State. Michigan State coaches were at the Jeannette basketball game on Friday when he scored his 1,000th career point in a loss to Frazier.
Cox, the Tribune-Review Player of the Year, played quarterback and safety for the Jayhawks and helped them reach the WPIAL Class AA championship where they lost to Aliquippa.
He also was a first-team all-state defensive back.
Players can sign a national letter of intent Wednesday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh police break up customer fights over Air Jordan 11 shoes
- Penguins missing Martin, Ehrhoff, Adams; prized prospect Pouliot called up
- Coal ash sites have tainted hundreds of waterways, aquifers
- Undersized Beachum quietly excels at 1 of game’s pivotal positions
- Despite intimidation, women still passionate about video games
- North Huntingdon residents warned about vehicle break-ins
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu, Taylor unlikely to play, Harrison ‘ready’
- As smokers seek Cuban cigars, retailers point to trade embargo
- Michigan State defensive coordinator a Pitt coaching candidate
- EPA says it won’t regulate coal ash as hazardous waste
- Pitt: Football coach hire comes 1st, athletic director 2nd