Jeannette star Cox making college decision known Monday
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Jeannette senior Demetrious Cox, after visiting Wisconsin this weekend, has decided to announce his decision on his college future Monday.
Cox's final four are Michigan State, Ohio State, Wisconsin and Penn State. Michigan State coaches were at the Jeannette basketball game on Friday when he scored his 1,000th career point in a loss to Frazier.
Cox, the Tribune-Review Player of the Year, played quarterback and safety for the Jayhawks and helped them reach the WPIAL Class AA championship where they lost to Aliquippa.
He also was a first-team all-state defensive back.
Players can sign a national letter of intent Wednesday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fun-seekers won’t let a regatta without races get them down
- Russian winger Plotnikov could join Penguins in August
- Prospect Taillon to undergo season-ending hernia surgery
- Rossi: Rutherford shines as old boss pouts
- Police seeking light blue vehicle after Homestead shooting
- Liriano, Pirates complete sweep of Tigers
- Former Jeannette coach held for trial on charges of assault on teen girls
- FBI questions Allentown mayor, seizes contract documents
- Pirates notebook: Cole cool about hostile comment
- Shaken by economic, political turmoil, MLB forsaking Venezuela
- Rescuers use hoist to lift horse from Washington County sinkhole