The Penguins will sponsor the 14th annual "Score Against Hunger" food drive during tonight's game against the Rangers. Fans bringing a non-perishable food item or making a cash donation will be eligible to win autographed Penguins memorabilia. All donations will be collected at Mellon Arena Gates 1, 3 and 10 from 6:30 p.m. through the first 10 minutes of the first period and will go to the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank.
Going into tonight's game, the Penguins are averaging 15,199 fans per game, or 89.7 percent of capacity through nine home games. Last season through nine home games, they averaged 15,912 fans per game, or 94 percent capacity, and over the course of the season averaged 15,804 (93.3 percent capacity) per game.
RW Colby Armstrong went into last night's game against the Buffalo Sabres still looking for his first goal of the year. But he admits things are going better lately than they were two weeks ago when he was taken off his usual line with Sidney Crosby and moved to the fourth line. "I'm just going to try to focus on having fun and playing hockey instead of worrying about all the little things," Armstrong said. "It starts in practice, doing things right, having a good time and just playing hockey. I still think I can step it up a little bit more with a few little things, like the cycling game and working the puck down low, going to the net, things like that."
5 - Number of games against Atlantic Division opponents in the Penguins' next six games before the end of November.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Bennett a healthy scratch
- Stat dropoff, road struggles have Penguins seeking consistency
- Penguins finally break through, defeat Devils at Prudential Center
- Penguins’ Ehrhoff being tested for concussion
- Starkey: What are Penguins, Pirates up to?
- No cross-checking here: Penguins misspell ‘Sidney’
- Penguins get physical, trade Goc for Blues’ Lapierre
- Lapierre eager to make mark with Penguins
- For Penguins coach Johnston, it’s a matter of substance over style
- Crosby banned from Jets game because he missed All-Star Game
- Penguins notebook: Letang’s status vs. Jets uncertain