Scouting the Sabres
Penguins (17-15-6) at Buffalo Sabres (29-8-3)
When, where: 8 p.m., HSBC Arena (Buffalo)
TV/radio: FSNP/105.9 FM
Probable goaltenders: Marc-Andre Fleury (16-11-4, 2.96 GAA); Ryan Miller (21-6-2, 2.66 GAA)
Notable: The Sabres are coming off a 6-3 loss to the Ottawa Senators on Wednesday, just their eighth regulation loss of the season and their first in seven games. ... Daniel Briere leads the team in scoring and is 11th in the NHL with 15 goals and 31 assists in 40 games. ... Tomas Vanek is eighth in goals in the NHL with 22. ... Somewhat surprising given their record is that the Sabres' power play is only ranked 17th in the league at 17 percent and their penalty kill is 15th at 82.7 percent.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Founder of Z&M Cycle Sales in Hempfield killed in Florida motorcycle crash
- State Supreme Court: Highmark Medicare Advantage members to retain in-network access to UPMC
- New Florence man charged with killing police officer
- Eight Pitt players named to All-ACC team
- Regoli won’t seek recount in Westmoreland County judge election
- Steelers stalled by Seahawks, on outside of AFC wild-card picture
- Appeals court upholds sentence of man convicted of fatal shooting outside ‘The O’
- Steelers players say they support Tomlin’s attempts at deception
- Sports Deli is latest tenant to say goodbye to Parkway Center Mall
- Baseball America names Pirates as organization of the year
- Rossi: It’s past time for NFL to protect players