Scouting the Sabres
Penguins (17-15-6) at Buffalo Sabres (29-8-3)
When, where: 8 p.m., HSBC Arena (Buffalo)
TV/radio: FSNP/105.9 FM
Probable goaltenders: Marc-Andre Fleury (16-11-4, 2.96 GAA); Ryan Miller (21-6-2, 2.66 GAA)
Notable: The Sabres are coming off a 6-3 loss to the Ottawa Senators on Wednesday, just their eighth regulation loss of the season and their first in seven games. ... Daniel Briere leads the team in scoring and is 11th in the NHL with 15 goals and 31 assists in 40 games. ... Tomas Vanek is eighth in goals in the NHL with 22. ... Somewhat surprising given their record is that the Sabres' power play is only ranked 17th in the league at 17 percent and their penalty kill is 15th at 82.7 percent.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Starkey: Pens move on with, without Dupuis
- New assistant Agnew has Pens’ PK, defense among league’s best
- Penguins notebook: Fleury awaits word on when he’ll vie for 300th victory
- Rossi: For Penguins’ Dupuis, family must come first
- Replacing versatile Dupuis could prove difficult for Penguins
- Penguins’ Dupuis diagnosed with blood clot in lung
- Therrien, Gonchar not missing a beat after reuniting in Montreal
- Bennett, Fleury lead Penguins to a complete victory over Canadiens
- Penguins goalie Greiss saves day in win over Maple Leafs
- Veteran defenseman Martin open to contract talks with Penguins
- Penn State notebook: Mangiro’s flexibility has helped young offensive line