Pens' forward Roberts unlikely to play Thursday due to injury
BOSTON -- Penguins forward Gary Roberts did not practice today and is unlikely to play Thursday night against the Boston Bruins.
Roberts, 40, was injured Wednesday night during the Penguins' 4-3 win over the Washington Capitals when he was struck by a shot from teammate Sidney Crosby during the second period. The knee remained swollen today.
Ronald Petrovicky is expected to take Roberts' spot in the lineup against the Bruins.
Roberts was acquired from the Florida Panthers at the NHL trading deadline in late February.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Ex-Penguins defenseman Niskanen still miffed by coaches’ firings
- Pouliot scores in NHL debut as Penguins tame Panthers
- Minor league report: Other prospects on Penguins’ radar
- Penguins notebook: Memorable night for Pouliot, Trocheck
- Penguins notebook: Kunitz ‘really close’ to return
- Penguins defenseman Letang having best season in new system
- With 3 more players possibly affected, Pens’ mumps fight escalates
- Mumps confirmed for Penguins’ Bennett; team intern also affected
- Penguins notebook: Zatkoff returns to team as Fleury’s backup
- ‘Rash of sickness’ hits Crosby, Penguins
- Penguins star Crosby talks about his experience with mumps