Pens' forward Roberts unlikely to play Thursday due to injury
BOSTON -- Penguins forward Gary Roberts did not practice today and is unlikely to play Thursday night against the Boston Bruins.
Roberts, 40, was injured Wednesday night during the Penguins' 4-3 win over the Washington Capitals when he was struck by a shot from teammate Sidney Crosby during the second period. The knee remained swollen today.
Ronald Petrovicky is expected to take Roberts' spot in the lineup against the Bruins.
Roberts was acquired from the Florida Panthers at the NHL trading deadline in late February.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger remains in concussion protocol
- Shell closing Franklin Park office next year
- Pitt’s Whitehead, Ollison grab ACC rookie of the year awards
- Authorities recover rifle used to kill Westmoreland police officer
- Downtown barbershop target of racial-slur graffiti
- Former Connellsville police officer wants sex-trade case dismissed
- College notes: St. Vincent hosting baseball clinics
- Kane turns to former Maryland attorney general to lead porn email probe
- Steps to reduce Sharpsburg blight start
- Irwin Park ball field improvements could move forward
- Police arrest two men accused in videotaped beating near Sharpsburg bar