Penguins trade for Ducks' center Brent
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Penguins acquired center Tim Brent from the Stanley Cup champion Anaheim Ducks in return for center Stephen Dixon, Saturday.
Brent played in 15 games for the Ducks this past season. He scored a goal and recorded six penalty minutes. He was a second-round pick by Anaheim in 2002.
Dixon spent the past two seasons with Pittsburgh's AHL affiliate in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. Over that span he totaled 29 goals and 70 points in 160 games.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins need trade-deadline acquisitions to bring toughness
- Penguins notebook: Team exercising caution with Ehrhoff’s return from concussion
- Starkey: Penguins not mortgaging future
- Penguins GM Rutherford not counting on Dupuis’ return
- Penguins acquire defensemen Lovejoy, Cole in deadline deals
- Penguins notebook: Shootouts becoming a concern
- Rangers up ante in Metropolitan Division with trade acquisitions
- Penguins notebook: ‘Skill practice’ part of optional workout
- Under Rutherford, it’s been a sizeable shakeup for Penguins
- Crosby fights, Penguins lose to Blue Jackets
- Penguins eye move for former center Staal