Penguins trade for Ducks' center Brent
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Penguins acquired center Tim Brent from the Stanley Cup champion Anaheim Ducks in return for center Stephen Dixon, Saturday.
Brent played in 15 games for the Ducks this past season. He scored a goal and recorded six penalty minutes. He was a second-round pick by Anaheim in 2002.
Dixon spent the past two seasons with Pittsburgh's AHL affiliate in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. Over that span he totaled 29 goals and 70 points in 160 games.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Downie, Farnham bringing a much-needed edge to the Penguins
- Ex-Penguins defenseman Niskanen still miffed by coaches’ firings
- Minor league report: Other prospects on Penguins’ radar
- Penguins notebook: Memorable night for Pouliot, Trocheck
- Penguins defenseman Letang having best season in new system
- Penguins star Crosby talks about his experience with mumps
- Pouliot scores in NHL debut as Penguins tame Panthers
- Malkin’s success a source of pride for Russian educator
- Penguins notebook: Kunitz ‘really close’ to return
- Penguins notebook: Zatkoff returns to team as Fleury’s backup
- With 3 more players possibly affected, Pens’ mumps fight escalates