Penguins trade for Ducks' center Brent
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Penguins acquired center Tim Brent from the Stanley Cup champion Anaheim Ducks in return for center Stephen Dixon, Saturday.
Brent played in 15 games for the Ducks this past season. He scored a goal and recorded six penalty minutes. He was a second-round pick by Anaheim in 2002.
Dixon spent the past two seasons with Pittsburgh's AHL affiliate in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. Over that span he totaled 29 goals and 70 points in 160 games.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Dupuis’ absence will alter roles on penalty kill
- Fleury denied 300th win as Penguins lose to Islanders in shootout
- New assistant Agnew has Pens’ PK, defense among league’s best
- Starkey: Pens move on with, without Dupuis
- Rossi: For Penguins’ Dupuis, family must come first
- Penguins notebook: Dupuis to miss Penguins game in Montreal
- Penguins notebook: Fleury awaits word on when he’ll vie for 300th victory
- Penguins fans from England, Spain journey across pond to Pittsburgh
- Penguins’ Dupuis diagnosed with blood clot in lung
- Penguins capitalize on overturned shootout goal to top Rangers
- Penguins notebook: Defenseman Maatta likely to return soon