Pens invite 14 prospects to camp
The Penguins invited 14 of the 23 players who participated in the team's prospects camp to the team's veteran training camp, which opens Thursday.
In addition to the 13 prospects who had already been invited, center Dustin Jeffrey, the Penguins' sixth round choice in 2007, earned an invite. Already invited were forwards Aaron Boogaard, Jonathan Filewich, Joe Jensen, Tyler Kennedy, Mark Letestu, Kyle Rank, Ryan Stone and Tim Wallace; defensemen Jonathan D'Aversa, Kris Letang and Ben Lovejoy; and goaltenders David Brown and John Curry.
The Penguins re-assigned four 2007 picks to their junior clubs -- forward Luca Caputi and defensemen Robert Bortuzzo, Alex Grant, and Jake Muzzin. The Penguins released forwards Matt Caria, Kevin Henderson and Brian Ihnacak, and defensemen Tyler Cuthbert and Jean-Phillippe Paquet.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins need trade-deadline acquisitions to bring toughness
- Penguins notebook: Team exercising caution with Ehrhoff’s return from concussion
- Starkey: Penguins not mortgaging future
- Penguins acquire defensemen Lovejoy, Cole in deadline deals
- Penguins GM Rutherford not counting on Dupuis’ return
- Power play shines in Penguins’ home victory over Blue Jackets
- Rangers up ante in Metropolitan Division with trade acquisitions
- Finding perfect pairing for Ehrhoff key for Penguins
- Baby Penguins notebook: Goalie Murray on historic run of success
- Penguins eye move for former center Staal
- Crosby fights, Penguins lose to Blue Jackets