Pens invite 14 prospects to camp
The Penguins invited 14 of the 23 players who participated in the team's prospects camp to the team's veteran training camp, which opens Thursday.
In addition to the 13 prospects who had already been invited, center Dustin Jeffrey, the Penguins' sixth round choice in 2007, earned an invite. Already invited were forwards Aaron Boogaard, Jonathan Filewich, Joe Jensen, Tyler Kennedy, Mark Letestu, Kyle Rank, Ryan Stone and Tim Wallace; defensemen Jonathan D'Aversa, Kris Letang and Ben Lovejoy; and goaltenders David Brown and John Curry.
The Penguins re-assigned four 2007 picks to their junior clubs -- forward Luca Caputi and defensemen Robert Bortuzzo, Alex Grant, and Jake Muzzin. The Penguins released forwards Matt Caria, Kevin Henderson and Brian Ihnacak, and defensemen Tyler Cuthbert and Jean-Phillippe Paquet.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Healthy again, Penguins’ Dupuis eager for game action
- Penguins notebook: Wild beat Pens behind Pominville’s hat trick
- Penguins notebook: Consol ice still a matter of concern
- Penguins’ Kapanen bolsters chance to make team in exhibition win
- Penguins notebook: Scuderi OK with new defensive system
- Penguins notebook: Ex-teammate Cooke says ‘I feel for’ Shero, Bylsma
- Veteran right winger Adams fighting for roster spot with Penguins
- With analytics, NHL is whole new game
- Rossi: At start, are Pens already finished?
- Penguins blanked at Columbus, 2-0
- Ex-assistant Granato: No animosity toward Penguins