Pens invite 14 prospects to camp
The Penguins invited 14 of the 23 players who participated in the team's prospects camp to the team's veteran training camp, which opens Thursday.
In addition to the 13 prospects who had already been invited, center Dustin Jeffrey, the Penguins' sixth round choice in 2007, earned an invite. Already invited were forwards Aaron Boogaard, Jonathan Filewich, Joe Jensen, Tyler Kennedy, Mark Letestu, Kyle Rank, Ryan Stone and Tim Wallace; defensemen Jonathan D'Aversa, Kris Letang and Ben Lovejoy; and goaltenders David Brown and John Curry.
The Penguins re-assigned four 2007 picks to their junior clubs -- forward Luca Caputi and defensemen Robert Bortuzzo, Alex Grant, and Jake Muzzin. The Penguins released forwards Matt Caria, Kevin Henderson and Brian Ihnacak, and defensemen Tyler Cuthbert and Jean-Phillippe Paquet.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ex-teammates say Kessel unfairly criticized
- Russian winger Plotnikov could join Penguins in August
- New Penguin Kessel’s shot is what makes him special
- Penguins’ Kessel ‘thrilled’ with chance to play with Crosby, Malkin
- Starkey: Rutherford hits jackpot with Kessel
- Hurricanes owner rips Rutherford, Penguins
- Penguins get their man in making trade with Toronto for Kessel
- Penguins notebook: Sheary hoping to return to organization
- Penguins sign defensive prospect
- Scouts think Penguins could regain luster with minor tinkering
- Shopping season begins for Penguins amid onset of free agency