Penguins fall to Buffalo in home exhibition finale
Sidney Crosby continued to flash regular-season form with two power-play goals and an assist. However, goaltender Dany Sabourin struggled in a 6-5 loss to the Buffalo Sabres at Mellon Arena.
Crosby has scored three goals and recorded seven points in three exhibition games.
Sabourin was beaten cleanly on every goal, including Derek Roy's second with under a minute remaining in regulation.
An apparent tying-goal by Evgeni Malkin was waved off as regulation time had expired before he beat Buffalo goaltender Jocelyn Thibault.
The Penguins are 1-2-2 in the exhibition season, which they will wrap in Buffalo Saturday night.
Jordan Staal and Erik Christensen scored their first exhibition goals and Ryan Malone added his second for the Penguins.
Left wing Gary Roberts did not dress for the fourth time in five exhibition games.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Stupid Steelers
- It’s only exhibition, but these Steelers could solidify roster spots vs. Eagles
- Steelers running backs Bell, Blount will face drug charges
- Mortgage deal isn’t likely to cost $17B
- New Kensington slaying victims identified
- Brentwood man chronicles battle with haunted house
- Pitt sophomore Coles leaves football team
- Westinghouse could provide reactors for Utah nuclear site
- Kiss’ makeup has changed, but their impact remains strong
- LCB’s biggest store opening in Shadyside neighborhood
- Vending business sold after pot-growing operation found in Lawrenceville