Penguins fall to Buffalo in home exhibition finale
Sidney Crosby continued to flash regular-season form with two power-play goals and an assist. However, goaltender Dany Sabourin struggled in a 6-5 loss to the Buffalo Sabres at Mellon Arena.
Crosby has scored three goals and recorded seven points in three exhibition games.
Sabourin was beaten cleanly on every goal, including Derek Roy's second with under a minute remaining in regulation.
An apparent tying-goal by Evgeni Malkin was waved off as regulation time had expired before he beat Buffalo goaltender Jocelyn Thibault.
The Penguins are 1-2-2 in the exhibition season, which they will wrap in Buffalo Saturday night.
Jordan Staal and Erik Christensen scored their first exhibition goals and Ryan Malone added his second for the Penguins.
Left wing Gary Roberts did not dress for the fourth time in five exhibition games.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Carcillo has no hard feelings after failing to make roster
- Pens look to buck shots, goals trend
- Predators winger Neal caught ‘blindsided’ by trade from Penguins
- Penguins notebook: Malkin returns to center
- Penguins notebook: Johnston blends music, practice for local students
- Testing legs, giving backup goalie a chance are Penguins’ priorities
- Penguins notebook: Newcomers get 1st taste of rivalry with Flyers
- Bortuzzo could provide much-needed physical presence for Penguins
- Flyers continue mastery of Penguins at Consol
- Metropolitan Division holding own in early part of season