Penguins fall to Buffalo in home exhibition finale
Sidney Crosby continued to flash regular-season form with two power-play goals and an assist. However, goaltender Dany Sabourin struggled in a 6-5 loss to the Buffalo Sabres at Mellon Arena.
Crosby has scored three goals and recorded seven points in three exhibition games.
Sabourin was beaten cleanly on every goal, including Derek Roy's second with under a minute remaining in regulation.
An apparent tying-goal by Evgeni Malkin was waved off as regulation time had expired before he beat Buffalo goaltender Jocelyn Thibault.
The Penguins are 1-2-2 in the exhibition season, which they will wrap in Buffalo Saturday night.
Jordan Staal and Erik Christensen scored their first exhibition goals and Ryan Malone added his second for the Penguins.
Left wing Gary Roberts did not dress for the fourth time in five exhibition games.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins release Carcillo from tryout contract
- Penguins’ Sutter is determined to keep scoring pressure on
- Penguins notebook: Malkin picture muddy
- Despres is relishing his regular role on Penguins’ blue line
- Penguins notebook: Crosby ‘confident’ despite limited preseason time
- Healthy again, Penguins’ Dupuis eager for game action
- Ex-assistant Granato: No animosity toward Penguins
- Veteran right winger Adams fighting for roster spot with Penguins
- Apparent knee injury leaves Penguins’ Bennett in limbo
- Penguins notebook: Consol ice still a matter of concern
- Penguins’ Kapanen bolsters chance to make team in exhibition win