Pens' Laraque misses practice, Scuderi's foot OK
• Right wing Georges Laraque did not practice Thursday because of a sore groin. He is considered day-to-day. Defenseman Rob Scuderi practiced without showing any lingering effects after his right foot was hit by a shot against Montreal on Wednesday.
• Coach Michel Therrien re-configured his forward units during practice. Mark Recchi moved from right wing to left on a line with center Sidney Crosby and Petr Sykora. That was a line combination at the start of camp. Ryan Malone switched from left wing to right on a line with center Evgeni Malkin and Jordan Staal. Malone said he has not played on the right side in the NHL, but that he did not expect to alter his game if he skates there Saturday in Toronto. Also yesterday, Maxime Talbot centered a line with left wing Gary Roberts and right wing Colby Armstrong, which left Erik Christensen to center a unit with left wing Jarkko Ruutu and right wing Adam Hall.
• Staal has not scored through three games, despite playing with either Crosby or Malkin as his center on most occasions. More troubling is that Staal has recorded only three shots. "I would definitely like to be a little better offensively," Staal said. "I am pushing myself to make plays, not being real patient. I have to get better at that." Staal scored 29 goals last season.
• Defenseman Alain Nasreddine was assigned to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton of the AHL for conditioning work. Nasreddine has yet to dress this season for the Penguins.
6 - /B> Penguins with a plus/minus rating of minus-2
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers stalled by Seahawks, on outside of AFC wild-card picture
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger reported symptoms that led to his exit vs. Seahawks
- Family of man accused of shooting St. Clair officer say allegations don’t fit his character
- Rossi: It’s past time for NFL to protect players
- Steelers notebook: Seahawks’ Sherman gets better of WR Brown
- Sports Deli is latest tenant to say goodbye to Parkway Center Mall
- Steelers players say they support Tomlin’s attempts at deception
- Pennsylvania’s deer season for hunters with rifles starts
- Week 12 — Steelers-Seahawks gameday grades
- Community comes together to mourn death of St. Clair police officer
- New Kensington man killed in North Buffalo crash