• Right wing Georges Laraque did not practice Thursday because of a sore groin. He is considered day-to-day. Defenseman Rob Scuderi practiced without showing any lingering effects after his right foot was hit by a shot against Montreal on Wednesday.
• Coach Michel Therrien re-configured his forward units during practice. Mark Recchi moved from right wing to left on a line with center Sidney Crosby and Petr Sykora. That was a line combination at the start of camp. Ryan Malone switched from left wing to right on a line with center Evgeni Malkin and Jordan Staal. Malone said he has not played on the right side in the NHL, but that he did not expect to alter his game if he skates there Saturday in Toronto. Also yesterday, Maxime Talbot centered a line with left wing Gary Roberts and right wing Colby Armstrong, which left Erik Christensen to center a unit with left wing Jarkko Ruutu and right wing Adam Hall.
• Staal has not scored through three games, despite playing with either Crosby or Malkin as his center on most occasions. More troubling is that Staal has recorded only three shots. "I would definitely like to be a little better offensively," Staal said. "I am pushing myself to make plays, not being real patient. I have to get better at that." Staal scored 29 goals last season.
• Defenseman Alain Nasreddine was assigned to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton of the AHL for conditioning work. Nasreddine has yet to dress this season for the Penguins.
6 - /B> Penguins with a plus/minus rating of minus-2
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.