Pens' Roberts out with broken left leg
Veteran forward Gary Roberts left the game between the Penguins and Buffalo Sabres at Mellon Arena tonight after a collision with Buffalo forward Tim Connolly during the second period.
Roberts was diagnosed by team doctors with a broken left fibula, and it is unknown how much time he will miss. Roberts will be re-evaluated by team doctors in the coming days.
Roberts collapsed after Connolly accidentally slid directly into the back of his left knee at 13:32 of the second period. He refused to leave the ice on a stretcher and was helped to the dressing room by forward Georges Laraque and defenseman Darryl Sydor.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: What are Penguins, Pirates up to?
- Lapierre eager to make mark with Penguins
- For Penguins coach Johnston, it’s a matter of substance over style
- Penguins notebook: Johnston pleased with Downie’s all-around play
- Capitals dominate overmatched Penguins in win at Verizon Center
- Penguins get physical, trade Goc for Blues’ Lapierre
- Crosby banned from Jets game because he missed All-Star Game
- Penguins notebook: Crosby understands NHL’s reasoning for ban
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended 8 games for hit on Letang
- No cross-checking here: Penguins misspell ‘Sidney’
- Penguins’ Fleury surrenders 7 goals in 1 period of NHL All-Star Game loss