Pens' Roberts out with broken left leg
Veteran forward Gary Roberts left the game between the Penguins and Buffalo Sabres at Mellon Arena tonight after a collision with Buffalo forward Tim Connolly during the second period.
Roberts was diagnosed by team doctors with a broken left fibula, and it is unknown how much time he will miss. Roberts will be re-evaluated by team doctors in the coming days.
Roberts collapsed after Connolly accidentally slid directly into the back of his left knee at 13:32 of the second period. He refused to leave the ice on a stretcher and was helped to the dressing room by forward Georges Laraque and defenseman Darryl Sydor.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Woman dies after bleeding on sidewalk outside Carrick pizzeria
- Unsung backups provide boost for Steelers defensive line
- Former Pirates pitcher Happ agrees to $36 million, 3-year deal with Blue Jays
- Penguins lose hard-fought game to Blue Jackets in overtime
- Starkey: Flashback Friday for Pitt
- Nuclear crossroad: California reactors face uncertain future
- Puppy, pals come to rescue of Lower Burrell firefighters
- Body found in Allegheny River in Harrison
- Unabashed church pastors put politics front and center
- Republicans roll dice as Trump headlines Pennsylvania Society event
- Pitt falls flat in finale loss to Miami