Pens' Roberts out with broken left leg
Veteran forward Gary Roberts left the game between the Penguins and Buffalo Sabres at Mellon Arena tonight after a collision with Buffalo forward Tim Connolly during the second period.
Roberts was diagnosed by team doctors with a broken left fibula, and it is unknown how much time he will miss. Roberts will be re-evaluated by team doctors in the coming days.
Roberts collapsed after Connolly accidentally slid directly into the back of his left knee at 13:32 of the second period. He refused to leave the ice on a stretcher and was helped to the dressing room by forward Georges Laraque and defenseman Darryl Sydor.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Under Rutherford, it’s been a sizeable shakeup for Penguins
- Baby Penguins notebook: Goalie Murray on historic run of success
- Winnik impresses Penguins in first workout
- Penguins’ Kunitz makes a dream come true
- Penguins notebook: Shootouts becoming a concern
- Trade for Winnik gives Penguins competition among bottom six
- Finding perfect pairing for Ehrhoff key for Penguins
- Penguins notebook: No discipline for Capitals’ Wilson
- Penguins add scoring depth by dealing for Maple Leafs’ Winnik
- Crosby fights, Penguins lose to Blue Jackets
- Hornqvist, Malkin score twice in Pens’ win over Panthers