Pens' Roberts out with broken left leg
Veteran forward Gary Roberts left the game between the Penguins and Buffalo Sabres at Mellon Arena tonight after a collision with Buffalo forward Tim Connolly during the second period.
Roberts was diagnosed by team doctors with a broken left fibula, and it is unknown how much time he will miss. Roberts will be re-evaluated by team doctors in the coming days.
Roberts collapsed after Connolly accidentally slid directly into the back of his left knee at 13:32 of the second period. He refused to leave the ice on a stretcher and was helped to the dressing room by forward Georges Laraque and defenseman Darryl Sydor.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Sutter steps up for Penguins in series-tying victory
- Penguins notebook: Johnston says Perron needs to shoot
- Crosby says Edmonton would be good spot for prospective top pick McDavid
- Penguins’ Martin a marked man in series with Rangers
- Crosby’s 2 goals lift Penguins past Rangers, even series
- Rangers’ Miller matures into productive player
- Mackey: For Pens’ Winnik, playing with Crosby an ongoing process
- Penguins know what’s coming in their playoff series against Rangers
- Penguins stars Crosby, Malkin enduring playoff slump
- Penguins pushing to sell playoff tickets
- Rossi: Johnston shouldn’t be fall guy if Penguins lose