Penguins acquire Hossa
UNIONDALE, N.Y. -- The Penguins made a late and significant splash before the NHL trade deadline expired today.
The Penguins acquired Atlanta left wing Marian Hossa for forwards Colby Armstrong, Erik Christensen, Angelo Esposito -- the 20th overall pick in the 2007entry draft -- and a first round draft pick. The Penguins also acquired right wing Pascal Dupuis.
Canadian sports network TSN reported the deal.
Hossa had scored 26 goals and recorded 56 points for the Thrashers. He is an unrestricted free agent on July 1.
The acquisition of Hossa occurred just minutes before the 3 p.m. deadline.
The Penguins also acquired veteran defenseman Hal Gill from Toronto for a second- and fifth-round draft pick.
Gill has appeared in 63 games for the Maple Leafs. He is averaging almost 21 minutes per game and has scored 20 points to go with an even plus/minus rating.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fatal HOV lane crash in Ross under investigation
- Police charge New Florence man in St. Clair officer’s killing
- Penn State coach fires offensive coordinator
- New Kensington man killed in North Buffalo crash
- Travelers advised to arrive 2 hours early for flights from Pittsburgh International Airport
- Man surrenders after standoff in Middle Hill
- Indiana Twp. liver transplant recipient, 2, takes steps toward normal life
- Zatkoff’s, Malkin’s heroics not enough as Oilers down Penguins in shootout
- Police officer fatally shot in New Florence; suspect in custody
- America could use more concealed carry gun permit holders
- New Christmas decorations make Leechburg shine a little brighter