Pens' Crosby, Rangers' Jagr dismiss talk
Respective team captains Sidney Crosby and Jaromir Jagr downplayed an apparent verbal sparring session during Game 2 on Sunday. Jagr declined to comment on what he said to Crosby, whose take on any word exchange was dismissive.
"Just ask him," Crosby said. "I wasn't the one talking."
Penguins right wing Adam Hall did not plan to bank off the boards his first goal of the 2008 Stanley Cup playoffs. After a cross-check penalty to defenseman Hal Gill had expired, Hall fired a puck from the Penguins' zone, and it caromed off the boards into an open net with 17 seconds remaining.
"I didn't exactly want to ice it," Hall said of his fourth career playoff goal. "You just want to get it off the wall and relieve the pressure. It was a pretty intense time."
Penguins left wing Gary Roberts missed a fourth consecutive game due to a groin injury. Other Penguins' scratches included forwards Jeff Taffe and Kris Beech, defenseman Darryl Sydor and goaltender Dany Sabourin. Each of those four players has yet to appear in the 2008 playoffs.
Rangers center Martin Straka said he did not hear an official's whistle prior to pushing a puck under Penguins goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury with 4:14 remaining in regulation. Had the goal counted, the Rangers would have tied the score, 1-1. Renney said the call to waive off the goal was good.
"I thought the whistle had blown before I saw any kind of indication of a goal," Renney said.
Click here to launch.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins’ Maatta tests positive for mumps; Bortuzzo, Greiss negative
- Fleury’s career-best 6th shutout lifts Penguins over Avalanche in overtime
- Penguins star Crosby talks about his experience with mumps
- Penguins defenseman Letang having best season in new system
- Penguins notebook: Zatkoff returns to team as Fleury’s backup
- With 3 more players possibly affected, Pens’ mumps fight escalates
- Penguins notebook: Kunitz tests foot by skating during practice
- Penguins’ Maatta to seek second opinion for shoulder
- Penguins continue to thrive, despite spate of ailments
- Penguins notebook: Crosby to miss 2 games as precautionary measure
- Penguins player might have exposed Children’s Hospital patients to mumps