Pens' Roberts returns in Talbot's place
Left wing Gary Roberts replaced forward Max Talbot in the Penguins' lineup for Game 4. Talbot's right foot was broken Tuesday while blocking a shot in Game 3. He briefly tried skating during a morning practice yesterday, but the decision was made to go with Roberts, who had not played since Game 2 of the first round due to a groin injury. Roberts was a healthy scratch in Game 3.
• Penguins defenseman Rob Scuderi said X-rays of his injured foot were negative. He played in Game 4 after not skating at an optional practice Wednesday. Like Talbot, Scuderi was injured while blocking a shot in Game 3.
• Besides Talbot, the Penguins did not dress defenseman Darryl Sydor, forwards Jeff Taffe and Kris Beech, and goaltender Dany Sabourin. Notable Rangers not to play were left wing Sean Avery, who remains hospitalized with a lacerated spleen, and center Blair Betts, with a cheek bone fracture.
• Penguins defenseman Mark Eaton said he will have an MRI today on his right knee. Eaton has not played since Dec. 23, when his anterior cruciate ligament was torn. He underwent corrective surgery Jan. 14, and is optimistic of meeting the early point of his recovery prognosis, four to six months.
• Penguins center Evgeni Malkin is a finalist for the Lester B. Pearson Award, annually presented to the "most outstanding player" in the NHL by the players' association. Malkin joins Calgary's Jarome Iginla and Russian rival Alexander Ovechkin of Washington.
• Tickets for Sunday's Game 5 at Mellon Arena will go on sale at 2 p.m. today. About 2,000 tickets remain, and fans may purchase a maximum of four tickets. Tickets are available on-line through the Penguins' Web site and at Mellon Arena Gate One box office and Tickemaster locations. Additional Information:
Click here to launch.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Founder of Z&M Cycle Sales in Hempfield killed in Florida motorcycle crash
- New Florence man charged with killing police officer
- State Supreme Court: Highmark Medicare Advantage members to retain in-network access to UPMC
- Cheyney University’s accreditation in jeopardy because of financial woes
- Baseball America names Pirates as organization of the year
- Lane restrictions announced for portion of Route 28
- Steelers stalled by Seahawks, on outside of AFC wild-card picture
- Steelers players say they support Tomlin’s attempts at deception
- Pedestrian struck on East Crawford Avenue in Connellsville
- Penguins centermen enjoying better faceoff success rate this season
- Regoli won’t seek recount in Westmoreland County judge election