Pittsburgh, Philly zoos make Pens-Flyers wager
Pennsylvania's cross-state zoos are getting in on the cross-state hockey rivalry.
Sure that the Pittsburgh Penguins will emerge victorious against the Philadelphia Flyers in the semi-finals of the Stanley Cup play-offs, the Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium this morning made public a friendly wager with the Philadelphia Zoo.
Pittsburgh Zoo President and CEO Barbara Baker put 12 Primanti's dinners and Iron City beer on the line against Philadelphia Zoo President and CEO Vic Dewan's 12 Philadelphia cheese steaks, pretzels and Hire's root beers.
"This is a no brainer," Baker said in a news release. "We know who's going to win! We have the namesake animals for our team, the Penguins, and we are sure that any team with the name Flyers, certainly cannot prevail."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Aliquippa wins 16th WPIAL title, ends South Fayette’s 44-game winning streak
- Steelers find success vs. NFC
- Man, 19, wounded in Brighton Heights shooting
- Gorman: Central’s Wheeler ‘made the play we needed’
- Penn State notebook: Franklin maps out plan to join Big Ten elite
- Four downs: Steelers might still be Adams’ best bet
- Drones hover at top of holiday wish lists
- As historic breakup nears, Alcoa works to redefine its ‘advantage’
- Central Catholic wins 5th WPIAL football title
- Batteries key to alternative energy’s success
- WPIAL Class AAAA notes: P-T unable to snap playoff skid vs. Central Catholic