Pittsburgh, Philly zoos make Pens-Flyers wager
Pennsylvania's cross-state zoos are getting in on the cross-state hockey rivalry.
Sure that the Pittsburgh Penguins will emerge victorious against the Philadelphia Flyers in the semi-finals of the Stanley Cup play-offs, the Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium this morning made public a friendly wager with the Philadelphia Zoo.
Pittsburgh Zoo President and CEO Barbara Baker put 12 Primanti's dinners and Iron City beer on the line against Philadelphia Zoo President and CEO Vic Dewan's 12 Philadelphia cheese steaks, pretzels and Hire's root beers.
"This is a no brainer," Baker said in a news release. "We know who's going to win! We have the namesake animals for our team, the Penguins, and we are sure that any team with the name Flyers, certainly cannot prevail."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins minor league notebook: Rookie Wilson emerges as 3rd-line NHL prospect
- Suggestions are aplenty on what Penguins need to break through
- Penguins notebook: Malkin could return Wednesday at Edmonton
- Starkey: What are Penguins, Pirates up to?
- Rossi: Crosby’s debt to NHL paid in full
- Stat dropoff, road struggles have Penguins seeking consistency
- Penguins finally break through, defeat Devils at Prudential Center
- Penguins’ Ehrhoff being tested for concussion
- Penguins notebook: Bennett a healthy scratch
- Crosby banned from Jets game because he missed All-Star Game
- For Penguins coach Johnston, it’s a matter of substance over style