Sykora still out
• Right wing Petr Sykora is not expected to play in the home opener Saturday against the New Jersey Devils at Mellon Arena. "I don't think he's gonna play Saturday," Penguins coach Michel Therrien said. Sykora missed the Penguins' first two games in Sweden with a groin injury.
• The Penguins reached their 23-man roster limit before heading into the home opener. Forward Janne Pesonen and goaltender John Curry have been assigned to the AHL's Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, and forward Jeff Taffe was placed on waivers. Forward Kris Beech, who was assigned to Wilkes-Barre, has been placed on unconditional waivers. Beech has not reported to practice in Wilkes-Barre and is interested in playing in Europe.
• Forward Paul Bissonnette switched his sweater number from 67 to 16.
• Warner Home Video released a DVD Wednesday titled "Sidney Crosby: On the Ice and Beyond." The DVD provides an up-close look at the life Crosby from last season's training camp through the Penguins' Stanley Cup run. "I've seen it, and I'm really happy the way it turned out," Crosby said. "I'm really happy with the amount of people that were able to be involved in it."
•The Penguins had an intense practice Wednesday despite readjusting to the six-hour time change. The team left Sweden Monday night, had Tuesday off and hit the ice again yesterday. "We're really lucky to have these few days you need to adjust," Crosby said. "I'm happy we got the time. It gives us some time to practice and get used to our surroundings."
7.1 -- Percent of power plays on which the Penguins scored
18 -- Shots the Penguins recorded in 25:03 of power play time in their first two games
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Dubinsky suspended for cross-check on SidneyCrosby
- Clairton captures 12th WPIAL football championship
- Woman dies after bleeding on sidewalk outside Carrick pizzeria
- Man reports being hit by bullet in Highland Park
- Former Pirates pitcher Happ agrees to $36 million, 3-year deal with Blue Jays
- Penguins lose hard-fought game to Blue Jackets in overtime
- Unabashed church pastors put politics front and center
- Unsung backups provide boost for Steelers defensive line
- Republicans roll dice as Trump headlines Pennsylvania Society event
- CBS’ ‘Code Black’ inspired by Pitt medical school graduate’s documentary
- Fox Chapel wrestlers hope to compete for section title