Goalkeeper Dany Sabourin waited almost exactly eight months between his final start last season, Feb. 21 at Montreal, and his first start this season, Oct. 20 at Boston. An eight-day break between starts might seem a bit rushed. Coach Michel Therrien said after practice Monday that Sabourin would play against the Sharks at San Jose tonight. It was no surprise. Regular starter Marc-Andre Fleury has performed quite well over eight starts - seventh in goals-against average (2.17) and third in save percentage (.933) as of yesterday. Sabourin was also strong in his lone start, stopping 35 shots in a shootout win at Boston.
• After a day off for travel Sunday, the Penguins practiced for almost 90 minutes yesterday. They are coming off a shootout loss at the New York Rangers on Saturday, a game in which they squandered a 2-0 third-period lead.
• Defenseman Hal Gill is not expected to play tonight, Therrien said. Gill (right hand) has missed two consecutive games since he was injured by a shot at Boston. He once again skated, in full gear, with a trainer after practice yesterday. Therrien has said Gill could play on this four-game road trip. The Penguins play Thursday at Phoenix and Saturday at St. Louis. Darryl Sydor will play a third consecutive game after appearing in only two of the club's first seven contests.
• Defenseman Alex Grant, one of the organization's fast-rising prospects, signed a three-year, entry-level deal, the Penguins announced. The 118th pick overall in 2007, Grant, 19, has appeared in 195 games with Saint John of the QMJHL, recording 105 points (35 goals). He will remain with his junior club.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.