Scouting the Sabres
Penguins vs. Sabres
7:30 p.m. today · Game 17 * Mellon Arena
TV/radio: FSN Pittsburgh/WXDX-FM (105.9)
Last game: Won, 5-4, in a shootout against the Philadelphia Flyers on Thursday at Mellon Arena.
Season series: 1st meeting; Penguins won, 4-0, in 2007-08.
About the Penguins (10-4-2, 22 pts): Have scored 25 goals in past five games; totaled only 25 goals in 11 games prior. Injuries: D Sergei Gonchar (out, left shoulder), D Ryan Whitney (out, left foot).
Streak: Won 5
Player to watch: LW Ruslan Fedotenko - two of his three goals have been winners; 16 points in 27 career games against Buffalo.
About the Sabres (9-3-3, 21 pts): Faced Columbus on Friday; have killed 31-of-32 power plays on the road. Injuries: C Tim Connolly (day-to-day, upper body injury).
Player to watch: RW Jason Pominville - 3 goals, 6 points in 11 career games against Penguins.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Penguins missing Martin, Ehrhoff, Adams; prized prospect Pouliot called up
- Penguins notebook: Kunitz ‘really close’ to return
- Penguins defenseman Letang having best season in new system
- Penguins star Crosby talks about his experience with mumps
- Fleury’s career-best 6th shutout lifts Penguins over Avalanche in overtime
- Penguins’ Maatta to seek second opinion for shoulder
- Penguins notebook: Zatkoff returns to team as Fleury’s backup
- Mumps confirmed for Penguins’ Bennett; team intern also affected
- Penguins notebook: Johnston stands by decision on Crosby
- With 3 more players possibly affected, Pens’ mumps fight escalates
- Penguins player might have exposed Children’s Hospital patients to mumps