Pesonen promoted; Talbot day-to-day
With forward Max Talbot's availability for games Friday and Saturday in question, the Penguins recalled winger Janne Pesonen from AHL affiliate Wilkes-Barre/Scranton today.
Talbot is officially day-to-day with an undisclosed injury. He left the Penguins' 5-3 victory at the New York Islanders on Wednesday after a close-range slap shot slammed off his left skate boot midway through the opening period.
Talbot did not return but was seen walking on the injured food after the game. He is not believed to have broken any bones in his left foot.
Pesonen will be with the team in Buffalo for a game against the Sabres on Friday. He is the club leader at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton with 16 assists and rates third with 21 points.
Pesonen, 26, is playing his first professional season in North America. He signed with the Penguins in July after a standout career in the Finnish Elite League (94 goals, 216 points in 285 games from 2003-08).
Pesonen made his NHL debut at St. Louis on Nov. 1.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Flashback Friday for Pitt
- Body found in Allegheny River in Harrison
- Pitt falls flat in finale loss to Miami
- Police: 4 officers injured in Colorado Springs shooting
- Man dies in ATV crash in Beaver County
- Run game needed for balance vs. Seahawks
- In Uganda, Pope Francis pays tribute to nation’s martyrs
- Absenteeism high on first day back after Peters Township teacher strike
- Steelers notebook: Linebacker Timmons hoping for contract extension
- Suicide bomber targets crowd of Shiites in Nigeria
- Steelers plan to use smart pass rush against Seattle QB Wilson