Crosby, other Penguins won't be playing tonight
The Penguins will be without several regulars tonight against Anaheim at Mellon Arena.
Captain Sidney Crosby (left knee), defenseman Rob Scuderi (head), forward Max Talbot (upper body) and defenseman Kris Letang will not play. Forward Pascal Dupuis (knee) will miss a fifth straight game.
The team has recalled forwards Janne Pesonen and Bill Thomas from its AHL affiliate to play tonight.
Crosby and the other injured players are day to day. Crosby said he hopes to practice Saturday.
The Pens have already lost 177 man-games to injury.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins minor league notebook: Pouliot impresses early in season
- Mears savors success, credits legendary Lange for guidance, inspiration
- Penguins notebook: Penguins getting fewer power-play opportunities
- Islanders outwork Penguins to sweep back-to-back meetings
- Penguins’ Dupuis diagnosed with blood clot in lung
- Penguins notebook: Dupuis’ absence will alter roles on penalty kill
- Starkey: Pens move on with, without Dupuis
- Fleury denied 300th win as Penguins lose to Islanders in shootout
- Penguins notebook: Dupuis to miss Penguins game in Montreal
- Penguins notebook: Fleury awaits word on when he’ll vie for 300th victory
- Rossi: For Penguins’ Dupuis, family must come first