Sykora scratched, Satan in for tonight's Game 5
Winger Miroslav Satan will play tonight for the Penguins against Philadelphia in Game 5 of their first round series at Mellon Arena.
Satan will replace winger Petr Sykora, who said he is not pleased with his scratch.
"I have no idea why," Sykora said. "I know its playoffs so lets not talk about personal reasons. Let's talk when the playoffs are over."
Sykora said he is "perfectly healthy," though he has scored only twice in 21 games including playoffs. Satan has not played an NHL game since he was sent to the AHL on March 4 for salary cap reasons.
Defenseman Kris Letang will be a gametime decision.
"It was a difficult decision with Sykora, but a decision a coach gets to make," said interim coach Dan Bylsma. "Neither of these decisions are based off injuries."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Injured Penguins optimistic about returning next season
- Crosby, Malkin want to remain in Pittsburgh
- Coach Johnston trying to figure out why Penguins ‘fell off a cliff’
- Penguins notebook: Crosby to play in worlds for 1st time since 2006
- Rossi: Penguins’ best bet is on Martin
- Penguins president: General manager, coach won’t be fired
- From injuries to front office, Penguins’ season didn’t lack drama
- Young defensemen make case for future with Penguins
- Penguins’ Malkin: ‘We’re not a championship team’
- Fleury valiant in defeat
- Penguins eliminated with Game 5 overtime loss to Rangers