Sykora scratched, Satan in for tonight's Game 5
Winger Miroslav Satan will play tonight for the Penguins against Philadelphia in Game 5 of their first round series at Mellon Arena.
Satan will replace winger Petr Sykora, who said he is not pleased with his scratch.
"I have no idea why," Sykora said. "I know its playoffs so lets not talk about personal reasons. Let's talk when the playoffs are over."
Sykora said he is "perfectly healthy," though he has scored only twice in 21 games including playoffs. Satan has not played an NHL game since he was sent to the AHL on March 4 for salary cap reasons.
Defenseman Kris Letang will be a gametime decision.
"It was a difficult decision with Sykora, but a decision a coach gets to make," said interim coach Dan Bylsma. "Neither of these decisions are based off injuries."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ex-Penguins defenseman Niskanen still miffed by coaches’ firings
- Minor league report: Other prospects on Penguins’ radar
- Pouliot scores in NHL debut as Penguins tame Panthers
- Penguins notebook: Memorable night for Pouliot, Trocheck
- With 3 more players possibly affected, Pens’ mumps fight escalates
- Penguins continue to thrive, despite spate of ailments
- Penguins notebook: Kunitz ‘really close’ to return
- Penguins star Crosby talks about his experience with mumps
- ‘Rash of sickness’ hits Crosby, Penguins
- Mumps confirmed for Penguins’ Bennett; team intern also affected
- Penguins defenseman Letang having best season in new system