Sykora scratched, Satan in for tonight's Game 5
Winger Miroslav Satan will play tonight for the Penguins against Philadelphia in Game 5 of their first round series at Mellon Arena.
Satan will replace winger Petr Sykora, who said he is not pleased with his scratch.
"I have no idea why," Sykora said. "I know its playoffs so lets not talk about personal reasons. Let's talk when the playoffs are over."
Sykora said he is "perfectly healthy," though he has scored only twice in 21 games including playoffs. Satan has not played an NHL game since he was sent to the AHL on March 4 for salary cap reasons.
Defenseman Kris Letang will be a gametime decision.
"It was a difficult decision with Sykora, but a decision a coach gets to make," said interim coach Dan Bylsma. "Neither of these decisions are based off injuries."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: What are Penguins, Pirates up to?
- Lapierre eager to make mark with Penguins
- For Penguins coach Johnston, it’s a matter of substance over style
- Penguins notebook: Johnston pleased with Downie’s all-around play
- Capitals dominate overmatched Penguins in win at Verizon Center
- Penguins get physical, trade Goc for Blues’ Lapierre
- Penguins notebook: Crosby understands NHL’s reasoning for ban
- Rossi: Crosby’s debt to NHL paid in full
- Crosby banned from Jets game because he missed All-Star Game
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended 8 games for hit on Letang
- Penguins lose game, Letang against Flyers