Sykora scratched, Satan in for tonight's Game 5
Winger Miroslav Satan will play tonight for the Penguins against Philadelphia in Game 5 of their first round series at Mellon Arena.
Satan will replace winger Petr Sykora, who said he is not pleased with his scratch.
"I have no idea why," Sykora said. "I know its playoffs so lets not talk about personal reasons. Let's talk when the playoffs are over."
Sykora said he is "perfectly healthy," though he has scored only twice in 21 games including playoffs. Satan has not played an NHL game since he was sent to the AHL on March 4 for salary cap reasons.
Defenseman Kris Letang will be a gametime decision.
"It was a difficult decision with Sykora, but a decision a coach gets to make," said interim coach Dan Bylsma. "Neither of these decisions are based off injuries."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins forward Downie becoming a hit with teammates
- Penguins equipment manager attends to multitude of details
- Penguins notebook: Dupuis returns to lineup
- Penguins star center Crosby erasing playoff letdown with hot start
- Penguins notebook: Goligoski emerges as top-four defenseman in Dallas
- Penguins notebook: Bortuzzo’s return could shake up defense
- Special teams shine for Penguins in win
- Penguins physical forward Sill seizes window of opportunity
- Beefed-up Islanders could pose threat to Penguins
- Penguins’ Dupuis takes ice after leaving Thursday’s game on stretcher
- Penguins notebook: Malkin to remain on wing, for now