Penguins lose a left wing, claim a left wing
The Penguins retained four of five players placed on waivers yesterday, but lost left wing Paul Bissonnette, who was claimed today by Phoenix. The Penguins claimed left wing Chris Bourque from Washington.
Staying with the Penguins and assigned to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton of the American Hockey League are wingers Ryan Bayda and Chris Conner and defensemen Nate Guenin and Deryk Engelland.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Predators winger Neal caught ‘blindsided’ by trade from Penguins
- Penguins notebook: Malkin returns to center
- Penguins notebook: Team pays tribute to Ottawa shooting victims
- Bortuzzo could provide much-needed physical presence for Penguins
- Rossi: Fleury is, and will remain, Penguins’ soul
- Testing legs, giving backup goalie a chance are Penguins’ priorities
- Penguins notebook: Johnston blends music, practice for local students
- Penguins notebook: Newcomers get 1st taste of rivalry with Flyers
- Red Wings rally, shock Penguins in overtime
- Metropolitan Division holding own in early part of season
- Penguins equipment manager attends to multitude of details