Penguins lose a left wing, claim a left wing
The Penguins retained four of five players placed on waivers yesterday, but lost left wing Paul Bissonnette, who was claimed today by Phoenix. The Penguins claimed left wing Chris Bourque from Washington.
Staying with the Penguins and assigned to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton of the American Hockey League are wingers Ryan Bayda and Chris Conner and defensemen Nate Guenin and Deryk Engelland.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Penguins pushing to sell playoff tickets
- Penguins stars Crosby, Malkin enduring playoff slump
- Mackey: For Pens’ Winnik, playing with Crosby an ongoing process
- Penguins notebook: Ehrhoff, Pouliot remain questionable for Game 2
- Penguins’ 4th line a bright spot in Game 1 loss
- Penguins suffer from penalty disparity in Game 1 against Rangers
- Rangers prove best defense is aggressive offense in Game 1
- Penguins know what’s coming in their playoff series against Rangers
- Pittsburgh, Penguins putting playoffs on public big screens
- Penguins CEO on playoffs: ‘It’s where we belong’
- Rossi: Johnston shouldn’t be fall guy if Penguins lose