After opening the regular season with games on consecutive nights, the Penguins did not practice Sunday. They will return to practice today at Mellon Arena.
They do not play again until facing Phoenix at home Wednesday, when the schedule picks up with five games in eight nights. The stretch includes four consecutive road games, starting Thursday in Philadelphia.
• Penguins captain Sidney Crosby became the sixth fastest player to record 400 points with a goal and an assist Saturday at the New York Islanders. That topic won't be on the docket tonight, but Crosby will touch on his fourth NHL season in an FSN Pittsburgh special "Sidney Crosby: In My Own Words, Season 4." The program airs at 6:30 p.m.
• Penguins co-owner Mario Lemieux celebrates his 44th birthday today. By the way: Crosby, who has averaged 1.37 points per game in his career, would need to maintain that rate for his next 966 games before matching Lemieux's franchise record of 1,723 points.
• Alex Goligoski is getting his wish. A diehard fan of the Minnesota Twins, the defenseman was cautiously optimistic his preferred ball club could force a one-game playoff for the American League Central Division title despite dropping two of three to start a four-game series against the Detroit Tigers last week. The Twins and Tigers will play a one-game playoff Tuesday at Minnesota.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.