Penguins prepare for some familiar faces
The Penguins will take on two former teammates against St. Louis tonight in defenseman Darryl Sydor and goalie Ty Conklin. It is unknown if Conklin will start. He is off to a 2-0 start this season and recorded a 5-0 shutout against Anaheim Saturday.
• Centers Evgeni Malkin and Jordan Staal returned to practice after getting the day off Sunday and will both play tonight.
• The Blues arrived in Pittsburgh on Sunday afternoon and held practice at Mellon Arena shortly after the Penguins practiced. A number of Blues officials watched the Penguins' workout.
• Defenseman Jay McKee, who played the last three seasons with St. Louis, visited the Blues locker room before the Penguins practiced.
• Center Sidney Crosby's new sticks are usually on display around the floor by his locker stall. None were present after yesterday's practice, but this isn't an indication that he doesn't like the new sticks.
"They're all broken," he said.
• Penguins coach Dan Bylsma felt like raising the importance of the daily shootout competition at the end of practice by announcing that the last person to score had to wash McKee's truck. Bylsma made the mistake of joining the competition. Everyone on the ice scored before the coach.
"I have to wash the truck now," Bylsma said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Penguins’ season impressive so far
- Penguins a love affair for Evancho sisters
- Hornqvist’s net-front presence with Penguins could be valuable asset
- Penguins notebook: Flyers’ success in Pittsburgh stems from power play
- Injuries to Penguins’ Ehrhoff, Letang force defense to pick up slack
- Five is enough for Penguins’ defensemen
- Penguins’ Letang leaves hospital, out with concussion
- Penguins considering making roster changes for postseason
- Penguins notebook: Johnston stays with team despite mother’s death
- Penguins coach Johnston’s mother dies
- Penguins slip past Sharks, 3-2, in shootout