Injured Gonchar leaves Penguins practice after 15 minutes
Penguins defenseman Sergei Gonchar, who blocked a shot with his foot two days ago in New Jersey, left Penguins practice after 15 minutes today at Southpointe.
He looked uncomfortable while skating and did not participate in any drills.
Gonchar's availability for games Saturday in Tampa and Sunday in Miami is unknown.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Kunitz ‘really close’ to return
- Fleury’s career-best 6th shutout lifts Penguins over Avalanche in overtime
- Penguins star Crosby talks about his experience with mumps
- With 3 more players possibly affected, Pens’ mumps fight escalates
- Penguins notebook: Zatkoff returns to team as Fleury’s backup
- Penguins continue to thrive, despite spate of ailments
- ‘Rash of sickness’ hits Crosby, Penguins
- Penguins defenseman Letang having best season in new system
- Penguins taking mumps precautions; forward Bennett may have virus
- Penguins’ Maatta to seek second opinion for shoulder
- Penguins player might have exposed Children’s Hospital patients to mumps