Injured Gonchar leaves Penguins practice after 15 minutes
Penguins defenseman Sergei Gonchar, who blocked a shot with his foot two days ago in New Jersey, left Penguins practice after 15 minutes today at Southpointe.
He looked uncomfortable while skating and did not participate in any drills.
Gonchar's availability for games Saturday in Tampa and Sunday in Miami is unknown.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Finding balance between toughness, excessiveness key for Penguins’ Downie
- Penguins minor league notebook: Pouliot impresses early in season
- Mears savors success, credits legendary Lange for guidance, inspiration
- Penguins notebook: Penguins getting fewer power-play opportunities
- New assistant Agnew has Pens’ PK, defense among league’s best
- Penguins notebook: Fleury awaits word on when he’ll vie for 300th victory
- Penguins’ Dupuis diagnosed with blood clot in lung
- Islanders outwork Penguins to sweep back-to-back meetings
- Replacing versatile Dupuis could prove difficult for Penguins
- Penguins’ Maatta impresses with how he’s handled tumor adversity
- Penguins notebook: Dupuis’ absence will alter roles on penalty kill