Dupuis expected back in lineup for Anaheim game
• The Penguins are expecting to have right wing Pascal Dupuis back in the lineup for tonight's game against Anaheim. Dupuis missed Wednesday's game in Dallas because his wife went into labor. Penguins coach Dan Bylsma said Dupuis was due in Anaheim on Thursday night, in plenty of time to participate in today's morning skate and game. Forward Mike Comrie filled in for Dupuis on the Penguins' top line in Dallas.
• Dupuis and center Sidney Crosby were the only Penguins to miss practice yesterday at Honda Center. Crosby met with reporters following practice and said he was simply taking a day off.
• The Penguins had a light 40-minute practice at Honda Center about two hours after Anaheim worked out. Bylsma probably would have preferred having a longer practice because of how the Penguins played Wednesday (a 5-2 loss), but with games tonight and Saturday night (at Phoenix), a lengthy practice probably would have been impractical.
• Although no official announcement has been made, there appears a strong chance goalie Marc-Andre Fleury will play tonight against the Ducks. Goalie Brent Johnson has played well recently, but he finally endured a tough outing against the Stars, giving up five goals on 29 shots.
• The Penguins aren't playing particularly well, but the Baby Penguins are hot. Wilkes-Barre Scranton enjoyed an 8-0 October, allowing only 15 goals in those games.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- New Penguin Kessel’s shot is what makes him special
- Russian winger Plotnikov could join Penguins in August
- Ex-teammates say Kessel unfairly criticized
- Penguins’ Kessel ‘thrilled’ with chance to play with Crosby, Malkin
- Penguins sign defensive prospect
- Penguins get their man in making trade with Toronto for Kessel
- Hurricanes owner rips Rutherford, Penguins
- Downie, Ehrhoff lead list of likely Penguins leaving in free agency
- Penguins bringing back defenseman Cole with 3-year extension
- Penguins notebook: Rutherford proves savvy in deal