• Coach Dan Bylsma, who had said Sidney Crosby (mild concussion) would undergo additional tests this week, said Thursday he will not answer any more questions about the condition of his star center. "We are not going to give daily updates on Sidney Crosby," Bylsma said. "He needs to be symptom-free to move forward." Asked whether Crosby has had the tests, Bylsma repeated, "There will not be any daily updates on Sidney Crosby." Crosby has missed four consecutive games since he was checked from behind into the boards Jan. 5 at Consol Energy Center by Tampa Bay defenseman Victor Hedman.
• Right wing Eric Godard (eye) skated and shot pucks before the Penguins' optional practice at Southpointe, but he is not close to returning, Bylsma said. "He still has to do light workouts on his own for some time," he said. "He got out on the ice a little bit, but it is still very, very small doses." Godard hasn't played since Dec. 26.
• Goalie Marc-Andre Fleury attempted to downplay his dramatics of Wednesday night, when he stood triumphantly in the crease with his arms folded after the Penguins' 5-2 victory in Montreal. Fleury mimicked Canadiens goalie Carey Price, who did the same thing Jan. 6 after his team's 2-1 shootout victory against the Penguins. "The puck was at the other end," Fleury said. "I didn't think the camera would be on me, too. It was for (my teammates). I goof around a lot. Maybe not like that, I guess."
• Eight players skated at practice, but most of the time was spent on video work of future opponents. "We had a couple guys sick, a couple guys banged up," Bylsma said. "They needed some time off the ice."
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.