Pens' Wallace sent down to make room for Matt Cooke
The Penguins have re-assigned winger Tim Wallace to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, presumably to make room for left wing Matt Cooke, who is eligible to return to action Sunday in Chicago after serving a four-game suspension.
It is unknown if any other injured Penguins will return in Chicago, though the closest to coming back appear to be left wing Chris Kunitz and right wing Arron Asham.
Wallace did not record a point in four games with the Penguins and was a minus-3.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Predators winger Neal caught ‘blindsided’ by trade from Penguins
- Penguins notebook: Malkin returns to center
- Rossi: Fleury is, and will remain, Penguins’ soul
- Penguins notebook: Team pays tribute to Ottawa shooting victims
- Red Wings rally, shock Penguins in overtime
- Metropolitan Division holding own in early part of season
- Flyers continue mastery of Penguins at Consol
- Penguins’ Malkin admits Neal trade was surprise
- Beefed-up Islanders could pose threat to Penguins
- Bortuzzo could provide much-needed physical presence for Penguins
- Testing legs, giving backup goalie a chance are Penguins’ priorities