Pens' Wallace sent down to make room for Matt Cooke
The Penguins have re-assigned winger Tim Wallace to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, presumably to make room for left wing Matt Cooke, who is eligible to return to action Sunday in Chicago after serving a four-game suspension.
It is unknown if any other injured Penguins will return in Chicago, though the closest to coming back appear to be left wing Chris Kunitz and right wing Arron Asham.
Wallace did not record a point in four games with the Penguins and was a minus-3.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Pouliot heading west with team
- Suggestions are aplenty on what Penguins need to break through
- Stat dropoff, road struggles have Penguins seeking consistency
- Penguins minor league notebook: Rookie Wilson emerges as 3rd-line NHL prospect
- Starkey: What are Penguins, Pirates up to?
- Penguins notebook: Bennett a healthy scratch
- Penguins notebook: Malkin could return Wednesday at Edmonton
- Crosby banned from Jets game because he missed All-Star Game
- Rossi: Crosby’s debt to NHL paid in full
- For Penguins coach Johnston, it’s a matter of substance over style
- No cross-checking here: Penguins misspell ‘Sidney’