Pens' Wallace sent down to make room for Matt Cooke
The Penguins have re-assigned winger Tim Wallace to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, presumably to make room for left wing Matt Cooke, who is eligible to return to action Sunday in Chicago after serving a four-game suspension.
It is unknown if any other injured Penguins will return in Chicago, though the closest to coming back appear to be left wing Chris Kunitz and right wing Arron Asham.
Wallace did not record a point in four games with the Penguins and was a minus-3.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ex-Penguins defenseman Niskanen still miffed by coaches’ firings
- Minor league report: Other prospects on Penguins’ radar
- Penguins notebook: Memorable night for Pouliot, Trocheck
- Pouliot scores in NHL debut as Penguins tame Panthers
- Penguins notebook: Kunitz ‘really close’ to return
- Penguins taking mumps precautions; forward Bennett may have virus
- Penguins player might have exposed Children’s Hospital patients to mumps
- Malkin’s success a source of pride for Russian educator
- Penguins’ Maatta to seek second opinion for shoulder
- Penguins defenseman Letang having best season in new system
- Penguins star Crosby talks about his experience with mumps