Pens' Wallace sent down to make room for Matt Cooke
The Penguins have re-assigned winger Tim Wallace to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, presumably to make room for left wing Matt Cooke, who is eligible to return to action Sunday in Chicago after serving a four-game suspension.
It is unknown if any other injured Penguins will return in Chicago, though the closest to coming back appear to be left wing Chris Kunitz and right wing Arron Asham.
Wallace did not record a point in four games with the Penguins and was a minus-3.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Winning home games crucial for Penguins
- Penguins GM prepares for emotional series against Carolina
- Mears savors success, credits legendary Lange for guidance, inspiration
- Comeau’s hat trick leads Penguins; Crosby reaches 800 career points
- Penguins games therapeutic for Carnegie toddler with rare gene mutation
- Penguins notebook: Bennett status remains fluid
- Penguins notebook: Bennett to miss about 2 weeks
- Penguins’ Scuderi, Despres an odd couple on defense
- Finding balance between toughness, excessiveness key for Penguins’ Downie
- Rossi: For Penguins’ Dupuis, family must come first
- Fleury collects career win No. 300 in crucial game against Bruins