Penguins sign fourth-round pick
The Penguins have signed their fourth-round pick from the 2010 NHL Entry Draft to a three-year, entry level contract. Tom Kuhnackl, a forward from Germany, is having a terrific season with the Windsor Spitfires in the Ontario Hockey League. He has produced 39 goals and 68 points in 63 games.
He scored a goal in six games during the World Junior Championships in Buffalo for the German team.
His father is legendary German player Erich Kuhnhackl, who was elected into the International Ice HOckey Federation Hall of Fame in 1997.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Team pays tribute to Ottawa shooting victims
- Metropolitan Division holding own in early part of season
- Rossi: Fleury is, and will remain, Penguins’ soul
- Flyers continue mastery of Penguins at Consol
- Testing legs, giving backup goalie a chance are Penguins’ priorities
- Bortuzzo could provide much-needed physical presence for Penguins
- Penguins notebook: Newcomers get 1st taste of rivalry with Flyers
- Penguins equipment manager attends to multitude of details
- Rossi: Johnston started strong before opener
- Penguins notebook: Hockey institution undergoes change
- Gaining access to Penguins co-owner Lemieux’s inner circle