Penguins sign fourth-round pick
The Penguins have signed their fourth-round pick from the 2010 NHL Entry Draft to a three-year, entry level contract. Tom Kuhnackl, a forward from Germany, is having a terrific season with the Windsor Spitfires in the Ontario Hockey League. He has produced 39 goals and 68 points in 63 games.
He scored a goal in six games during the World Junior Championships in Buffalo for the German team.
His father is legendary German player Erich Kuhnhackl, who was elected into the International Ice HOckey Federation Hall of Fame in 1997.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Mears savors success, credits legendary Lange for guidance, inspiration
- Penguins notebook: Penguins getting fewer power-play opportunities
- Penguins minor league notebook: Pouliot impresses early in season
- Islanders outwork Penguins to sweep back-to-back meetings
- Penguins’ Dupuis diagnosed with blood clot in lung
- Starkey: Pens move on with, without Dupuis
- Penguins notebook: Dupuis’ absence will alter roles on penalty kill
- Penguins notebook: Dupuis misses 1st game of the season
- Therrien, Gonchar not missing a beat after reuniting in Montreal
- Penguins notebook: Dupuis to miss Penguins game in Montreal
- Penguins defenseman Maatta makes his return in win over Canadiens