Penguins sign fourth-round pick
The Penguins have signed their fourth-round pick from the 2010 NHL Entry Draft to a three-year, entry level contract. Tom Kuhnackl, a forward from Germany, is having a terrific season with the Windsor Spitfires in the Ontario Hockey League. He has produced 39 goals and 68 points in 63 games.
He scored a goal in six games during the World Junior Championships in Buffalo for the German team.
His father is legendary German player Erich Kuhnhackl, who was elected into the International Ice HOckey Federation Hall of Fame in 1997.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins pushing to sell playoff tickets
- Penguins stars Crosby, Malkin enduring playoff slump
- Mackey: For Pens’ Winnik, playing with Crosby an ongoing process
- Penguins notebook: Ehrhoff, Pouliot remain questionable for Game 2
- Penguins’ 4th line a bright spot in Game 1 loss
- Rangers prove best defense is aggressive offense in Game 1
- Penguins know what’s coming in their playoff series against Rangers
- Penguins suffer from penalty disparity in Game 1 against Rangers
- Rossi: Johnston shouldn’t be fall guy if Penguins lose
- No big screen this year for Penguins playoff games
- Rangers’ Brassard continues to deliver against Penguins