Penguins sign fourth-round pick
The Penguins have signed their fourth-round pick from the 2010 NHL Entry Draft to a three-year, entry level contract. Tom Kuhnackl, a forward from Germany, is having a terrific season with the Windsor Spitfires in the Ontario Hockey League. He has produced 39 goals and 68 points in 63 games.
He scored a goal in six games during the World Junior Championships in Buffalo for the German team.
His father is legendary German player Erich Kuhnhackl, who was elected into the International Ice HOckey Federation Hall of Fame in 1997.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Finding perfect pairing for Ehrhoff key for Penguins
- Trade for Winnik gives Penguins competition among bottom six
- Penguins notebook: No discipline for Capitals’ Wilson
- Rossi: Winnik nice, but not enough for Penguins
- Penguins eye move for former center Staal
- Penguins add scoring depth by dealing for Maple Leafs’ Winnik
- Rossi: As a fan, everything was (almost) awesome
- Capitals’ duo more productive than Crosby, Malkin
- Penguins GM: Team needs, will keep Martin for Stanley Cup run
- Penguins’ Crosby, Hornqvist thriving when paired together
- Suggestions are aplenty on what Penguins need to break through