Capitals or Flyers waiting for Penguins, Lightning
Should the Penguins defeat Tampa Bay in Game 7 Wednesday, one of their two biggest rivals will be waiting for them in the second round.
The winner of the Penguins/Lightning series will take on either the Washington Capitals or Philadelphia Flyers in the second round of the Eastern Conference playoffs.
If the Boston Bruins beat the Montreal Canadiens in Game 7 of that series Wednesday, the winner of the Penguins/Lightning series would play Washington in the second round. Should Montreal win Game 7, the Penguins or Lightning will play Philadelphia.
It is believed the Penguins, should they win Game 7 Wednesday, would open the second round Friday night.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Hockey hypocrites, unite
- Penguins veteran defenseman Scuderi’s game looking up
- Penguins notebook: Bennett close to returning
- Penguins assistant coach Tocchet marvels at Maatta’s demeanor
- Penguins’ Crosby OK with Neal comments about trade
- Penguins’ defenseman Maatta confident of full recovery
- Penguins notebook: Jagr still an impact player in 23rd season
- Predators winger Neal caught ‘blindsided’ by trade from Penguins
- Predators GM Poile: Penguins’ firing of Shero not fair
- Penguins overcome early deficit with scoring onslaught, beat Devils, 8-3
- Penguins notebook: Malkin returns to center