Capitals or Flyers waiting for Penguins, Lightning
Should the Penguins defeat Tampa Bay in Game 7 Wednesday, one of their two biggest rivals will be waiting for them in the second round.
The winner of the Penguins/Lightning series will take on either the Washington Capitals or Philadelphia Flyers in the second round of the Eastern Conference playoffs.
If the Boston Bruins beat the Montreal Canadiens in Game 7 of that series Wednesday, the winner of the Penguins/Lightning series would play Washington in the second round. Should Montreal win Game 7, the Penguins or Lightning will play Philadelphia.
It is believed the Penguins, should they win Game 7 Wednesday, would open the second round Friday night.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Bennett status remains fluid
- Fleury collects career win No. 300 in crucial game against Bruins
- Penguins notebook: Johnston calls Quinn ‘phenomenal’ coach, person
- Penguins notebook: Penguins getting fewer power-play opportunities
- Finding balance between toughness, excessiveness key for Penguins’ Downie
- Penguins minor league notebook: Pouliot impresses early in season
- Mears savors success, credits legendary Lange for guidance, inspiration
- Penguins’ Dupuis diagnosed with blood clot in lung
- New assistant Agnew has Pens’ PK, defense among league’s best
- Penguins notebook: Fleury awaits word on when he’ll vie for 300th victory
- Rossi: For Penguins’ Dupuis, family must come first