Capitals or Flyers waiting for Penguins, Lightning
Should the Penguins defeat Tampa Bay in Game 7 Wednesday, one of their two biggest rivals will be waiting for them in the second round.
The winner of the Penguins/Lightning series will take on either the Washington Capitals or Philadelphia Flyers in the second round of the Eastern Conference playoffs.
If the Boston Bruins beat the Montreal Canadiens in Game 7 of that series Wednesday, the winner of the Penguins/Lightning series would play Washington in the second round. Should Montreal win Game 7, the Penguins or Lightning will play Philadelphia.
It is believed the Penguins, should they win Game 7 Wednesday, would open the second round Friday night.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Winnik impresses Penguins in first workout
- Under Rutherford, it’s been a sizeable shakeup for Penguins
- Baby Penguins notebook: Goalie Murray on historic run of success
- Penguins’ Kunitz makes a dream come true
- Penguins notebook: Shootouts becoming a concern
- Trade for Winnik gives Penguins competition among bottom six
- Finding perfect pairing for Ehrhoff key for Penguins
- Penguins eye move for former center Staal
- Penguins notebook: No discipline for Capitals’ Wilson
- Rossi: As a fan, everything was (almost) awesome
- Penguins notebook: Ehrhoff returns from head injury