Capitals or Flyers waiting for Penguins, Lightning
Should the Penguins defeat Tampa Bay in Game 7 Wednesday, one of their two biggest rivals will be waiting for them in the second round.
The winner of the Penguins/Lightning series will take on either the Washington Capitals or Philadelphia Flyers in the second round of the Eastern Conference playoffs.
If the Boston Bruins beat the Montreal Canadiens in Game 7 of that series Wednesday, the winner of the Penguins/Lightning series would play Washington in the second round. Should Montreal win Game 7, the Penguins or Lightning will play Philadelphia.
It is believed the Penguins, should they win Game 7 Wednesday, would open the second round Friday night.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Crosby’s debt to NHL paid in full
- Penguins’ Fleury surrenders 7 goals in 1 period of NHL All-Star Game loss
- NHL All-Star Game notebook: Columbus, Johansen make strong showing
- Crosby, Malkin dazzle fellow All-Stars
- All-Stars consider it a privilege to take part in game
- Penguins limp into All-Star break, welcome chance to recuperate
- Penguins recall left wing Farnham from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton
- Injured Crosby, Malkin to miss NHL All-Star Game
- Blackhawks deal Penguins 4th consecutive loss
- Fleury’s All-Star play has coincided with joy of being a father
- Fleury’s relay team struggles in NHL skills competition