Penguins' Crosby pleased with 2nd practice
Sidney Crosby withstood another grueling day of work at Penguins training camp and reported no concussion symptoms.
Skating hard for more than an hour for a second consecutive day, Crosby continued to look crisp during his workouts.
"The last couple of days have been good," Crosby said. "It's been a pretty good test here. I'm happy with the way it's gone."
Crosby clearly skated into more traffic during the second day of practice, which coach Dan Bylsma explained is part of the process of ultimately introducing him to more contact. The Penguins' captain acknowledged that skating in close proximity of other players was uncomfortable at first, simply because it had been so long since he worked out with other players.
"I had a lot of trouble with that early on," he said. "It was good to go through that today."
Crosby intends to practice again today, yet another encouraging sign that his symptoms are beginning to dissipate. He said the weekend's workouts were more rigorous than any of the drills he put himself through while skating this summer in Nova Scotia.
"I'm just happy to be out there and to be a part of it," Crosby said. "I felt pretty good."
» In something that he first mentioned at his Sept. 7 news conference, Crosby again called for a ban on all head shots. "The more you think about it and the more I watched last year, you can't have that gray area," Crosby said. "
» Pascal Dupuis scored a shootout goal to lift Group C to a 2-1 win over Group B in yesterday's scrimmage. Zach Sill scored Group C's other goal on a Dupuis rebound, while Eric Tangradi scored for Group B.
» Almost every player in training camp will participate in the Black and Gold exhibition game tonight in Wilkes-Barre. Every goalie in camp will see playing time.
Crosby and Dustin Jeffrey, who haven't been cleared for contact, won't play in the exhibition contest.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins co-owner Lemieux snuffs rumored rift with Crosby
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin ends practice with third-down work
- Pirates sign free agent 1B-OF Goebbert, RHP Webster
- Attorney wants evidence from South Allegheny teacher’s cellphone thrown out
- Steelers kicker Boswell puts best foot forward
- WPIAL AAAA boys basketball preview: Runners-up last season, North Allegheny hopes to take next step
- Explosion claims life of garage owner
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not grooming successor to RB Williams
- Warhol bridge closed as police investigate unattended bag
- PIAA Class AA first-round preview: Karns City vs. Bedford
- Art review: ‘Therman Statom: Indagare’ at Pittsburgh Glass Center