Top pick Morrow among Penguins' cuts
The Penguins reduced their roster to 23 players by announcing several roster moves today.
Forward Jason Williams and defensemen Alexandre Picard and Brian Strait were re-assigned to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. Defenseman Joseph Morrow, the team's top draft pick this year, was returned to his junior team, the Portland Winterhawks.
Williams and Picard will have to clear waivers by Tuesday at noon before they can report to WBS.
The Penguins also placed forwards Sidney Crosby, Dustin Jeffrey and Nick Petersen and defensemen Robert Bortuzzo and Boris Valabik on injured reserve.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Finding balance between toughness, excessiveness key for Penguins’ Downie
- Penguins minor league notebook: Pouliot impresses early in season
- Mears savors success, credits legendary Lange for guidance, inspiration
- Penguins notebook: Penguins getting fewer power-play opportunities
- New assistant Agnew has Pens’ PK, defense among league’s best
- Penguins fans from England, Spain journey across pond to Pittsburgh
- Starkey: Pens move on with, without Dupuis
- Fleury denied 300th win as Penguins lose to Islanders in shootout
- Islanders outwork Penguins to sweep back-to-back meetings