Top pick Morrow among Penguins' cuts
The Penguins reduced their roster to 23 players by announcing several roster moves today.
Forward Jason Williams and defensemen Alexandre Picard and Brian Strait were re-assigned to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. Defenseman Joseph Morrow, the team's top draft pick this year, was returned to his junior team, the Portland Winterhawks.
Williams and Picard will have to clear waivers by Tuesday at noon before they can report to WBS.
The Penguins also placed forwards Sidney Crosby, Dustin Jeffrey and Nick Petersen and defensemen Robert Bortuzzo and Boris Valabik on injured reserve.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates sign free agent 1B-OF Goebbert, righthanded pitcher Webster
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not grooming successor to RB Williams
- Steelers kicker Boswell puts best foot forward
- Cheswick super fan, 90, has had season tickets for almost 70 years
- Stanley’s Bar & Grill in Ford City offers free Thanksgiving dinner
- After 27 years, Clairton emerges from state ‘financially distressed’ status
- Occupying playoff spot on Thanksgiving good harbinger for Penguins
- North Shore parking garage plan moves forward in Pittsburgh
- Former Mountaineer Bailey shot, in critical condition in Miami
- South Fayette, Aliquippa form unique traditions for Thanksgiving Day
- Hempfield man fights off intruders