Top pick Morrow among Penguins' cuts
The Penguins reduced their roster to 23 players by announcing several roster moves today.
Forward Jason Williams and defensemen Alexandre Picard and Brian Strait were re-assigned to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. Defenseman Joseph Morrow, the team's top draft pick this year, was returned to his junior team, the Portland Winterhawks.
Williams and Picard will have to clear waivers by Tuesday at noon before they can report to WBS.
The Penguins also placed forwards Sidney Crosby, Dustin Jeffrey and Nick Petersen and defensemen Robert Bortuzzo and Boris Valabik on injured reserve.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins release Carcillo from tryout contract
- Penguins’ Sutter is determined to keep scoring pressure on
- Penguins notebook: Malkin picture muddy
- Despres is relishing his regular role on Penguins’ blue line
- With analytics, NHL is whole new game
- Apparent knee injury leaves Penguins’ Bennett in limbo
- Penguins notebook: Crosby ‘confident’ despite limited preseason time
- Healthy again, Penguins’ Dupuis eager for game action
- Penguins notebook: Consol ice still a matter of concern
- Penguins goalie Fleury, a free agent at end of season, wants to stay
- Penguins notebook: Scuderi OK with new defensive system