Top pick Morrow among Penguins' cuts
The Penguins reduced their roster to 23 players by announcing several roster moves today.
Forward Jason Williams and defensemen Alexandre Picard and Brian Strait were re-assigned to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. Defenseman Joseph Morrow, the team's top draft pick this year, was returned to his junior team, the Portland Winterhawks.
Williams and Picard will have to clear waivers by Tuesday at noon before they can report to WBS.
The Penguins also placed forwards Sidney Crosby, Dustin Jeffrey and Nick Petersen and defensemen Robert Bortuzzo and Boris Valabik on injured reserve.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pens get physical, trade Goc for Blues’ Lapierre
- No cross-checking here: Penguins misspell ‘Sidney’
- Letang produces 5 assists in return as Penguins defeat Jets, 5-3
- Penguins notebook: Crosby understands NHL’s reasoning for ban
- Crosby banned from Jets game because he missed All-Star Game
- Crosby, Malkin dazzle fellow All-Stars
- Rossi: Crosby’s debt to NHL paid in full
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended 8 games for hit on Letang
- Penguins recall 4 players
- Injured Crosby, Malkin to miss NHL All-Star Game
- Fleury’s All-Star play has coincided with joy of being a father