Top pick Morrow among Penguins' cuts
The Penguins reduced their roster to 23 players by announcing several roster moves today.
Forward Jason Williams and defensemen Alexandre Picard and Brian Strait were re-assigned to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. Defenseman Joseph Morrow, the team's top draft pick this year, was returned to his junior team, the Portland Winterhawks.
Williams and Picard will have to clear waivers by Tuesday at noon before they can report to WBS.
The Penguins also placed forwards Sidney Crosby, Dustin Jeffrey and Nick Petersen and defensemen Robert Bortuzzo and Boris Valabik on injured reserve.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Metropolitan Division holding own in early part of season
- Flyers continue mastery of Penguins at Consol
- Penguins notebook: Team pays tribute to Ottawa shooting victims
- Rossi: Fleury is, and will remain, Penguins’ soul
- Testing legs, giving backup goalie a chance are Penguins’ priorities
- Penguins notebook: Newcomers get 1st taste of rivalry with Flyers
- Penguins equipment manager attends to multitude of details
- Penguins notebook: Goligoski emerges as top-four defenseman in Dallas
- Penguins’ Dupuis takes ice after leaving Thursday’s game on stretcher
- Bortuzzo could provide much-needed physical presence for Penguins