Top pick Morrow among Penguins' cuts
The Penguins reduced their roster to 23 players by announcing several roster moves today.
Forward Jason Williams and defensemen Alexandre Picard and Brian Strait were re-assigned to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. Defenseman Joseph Morrow, the team's top draft pick this year, was returned to his junior team, the Portland Winterhawks.
Williams and Picard will have to clear waivers by Tuesday at noon before they can report to WBS.
The Penguins also placed forwards Sidney Crosby, Dustin Jeffrey and Nick Petersen and defensemen Robert Bortuzzo and Boris Valabik on injured reserve.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Injuries to Penguins’ Ehrhoff, Letang force defense to pick up slack
- Five is enough for Penguins’ defensemen
- Penguins’ Letang leaves hospital, out with concussion
- Penguins slip past Sharks, 3-2, in shootout
- Penguins notebook: Five defensemen dress against San Jose
- Penguins minor league notebook: WBS players eager for possible NHL playoff call-up
- Penguins notebook: Johnston stays with team despite mother’s death
- Hit sends Penguins’ Letang to hospital
- Penguins notebook: Staal insists he never asked for trade to Penguins
- Penguins’ protracted slump continues with 5-2 loss at Carolina
- Players respect coach, refuse to blame Johnston