Top pick Morrow among Penguins' cuts
The Penguins reduced their roster to 23 players by announcing several roster moves today.
Forward Jason Williams and defensemen Alexandre Picard and Brian Strait were re-assigned to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. Defenseman Joseph Morrow, the team's top draft pick this year, was returned to his junior team, the Portland Winterhawks.
Williams and Picard will have to clear waivers by Tuesday at noon before they can report to WBS.
The Penguins also placed forwards Sidney Crosby, Dustin Jeffrey and Nick Petersen and defensemen Robert Bortuzzo and Boris Valabik on injured reserve.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ex-Penguins defenseman Niskanen still miffed by coaches’ firings
- Penguins notebook: Three more players tested for mumps
- Downie, Farnham bringing a much-needed edge to the Penguins
- Minor league report: Other prospects on Penguins’ radar
- Pouliot scores in NHL debut as Penguins tame Panthers
- Penguins notebook: Players back team doctors in mumps aftermath
- Penguins star Crosby talks about his experience with mumps
- Malkin’s success a source of pride for Russian educator
- Penguins notebook: Memorable night for Pouliot, Trocheck