Penguins lose Lovejoy with broken wrist
SAN JOSE, Calif. — Penguins defenseman Ben Lovejoy is out indefinitely with a broken wrist.
Lovejoy was involved in a collision with San Jose centers Joe Pavelski and Logan Couture along the boards when the injury took place. The Penguins were forced to play most of the game with only five defensemen.
Defenseman Alexandre Picard is on the trip and will play Saturday in Los Angeles.
The Penguins are already playing without injured defensemen Zbynek Michalek (broken finger) and Brian Strait (wrist injury). They have played portions of the season without defensemen Brooks Orpik (abdominal surgery) and Kris Letang (suspension).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Bortuzzo feeling ‘really, really good,’ but still out of lineup
- Rossi: Fleury is, and will remain, Penguins’ soul
- Testing legs, giving backup goalie a chance are Penguins’ priorities
- Penguins forward Downie becoming a hit with teammates
- Penguins notebook: Newcomers get 1st taste of rivalry with Flyers
- Bortuzzo could provide much-needed physical presence for Penguins
- Penguins equipment manager attends to multitude of details
- Penguins notebook: Ex-teammate Cooke says ‘I feel for’ Shero, Bylsma
- Special teams shine for Penguins in win
- Penguins notebook: Johnston blends music, practice for local students
- Penguins notebook: Dupuis returns to lineup