Penguins lose Lovejoy with broken wrist
SAN JOSE, Calif. — Penguins defenseman Ben Lovejoy is out indefinitely with a broken wrist.
Lovejoy was involved in a collision with San Jose centers Joe Pavelski and Logan Couture along the boards when the injury took place. The Penguins were forced to play most of the game with only five defensemen.
Defenseman Alexandre Picard is on the trip and will play Saturday in Los Angeles.
The Penguins are already playing without injured defensemen Zbynek Michalek (broken finger) and Brian Strait (wrist injury). They have played portions of the season without defensemen Brooks Orpik (abdominal surgery) and Kris Letang (suspension).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ex-teammates say Kessel unfairly criticized
- New Penguin Kessel’s shot is what makes him special
- Russian winger Plotnikov could join Penguins in August
- Penguins notebook: Rutherford proves savvy in deal
- Penguins notebook: Sheary hoping to return to organization
- Penguins get their man in making trade with Toronto for Kessel
- Hurricanes owner rips Rutherford, Penguins
- Penguins’ Kessel ‘thrilled’ with chance to play with Crosby, Malkin
- Starkey: Rutherford hits jackpot with Kessel
- Scouts think Penguins could regain luster with minor tinkering
- Penguins bringing back defenseman Cole with 3-year extension