Penguins lose Lovejoy with broken wrist
SAN JOSE, Calif. — Penguins defenseman Ben Lovejoy is out indefinitely with a broken wrist.
Lovejoy was involved in a collision with San Jose centers Joe Pavelski and Logan Couture along the boards when the injury took place. The Penguins were forced to play most of the game with only five defensemen.
Defenseman Alexandre Picard is on the trip and will play Saturday in Los Angeles.
The Penguins are already playing without injured defensemen Zbynek Michalek (broken finger) and Brian Strait (wrist injury). They have played portions of the season without defensemen Brooks Orpik (abdominal surgery) and Kris Letang (suspension).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins minor league notebook: Rookie Wilson emerges as 3rd-line NHL prospect
- Suggestions are aplenty on what Penguins need to break through
- Penguins notebook: Malkin could return Wednesday at Edmonton
- Starkey: What are Penguins, Pirates up to?
- Stat dropoff, road struggles have Penguins seeking consistency
- Rossi: Crosby’s debt to NHL paid in full
- Penguins finally break through, defeat Devils at Prudential Center
- Penguins’ Ehrhoff being tested for concussion
- Penguins notebook: Bennett a healthy scratch
- Crosby banned from Jets game because he missed All-Star Game
- For Penguins coach Johnston, it’s a matter of substance over style