Forward Tangradi in the fold with Penguins
The Penguins have recalled their best forward prospect, left wing Eric Tangradi, from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton on Thursday.
Tangradi leads Wilkes-Barre/Scranton and is 10th in the AHL with seven goals. He has 12 points in 12 games.
Coming off an indifferent training camp, Tangradi's recall comes at a surprising time. The Penguins sent center Dustin Jeffrey and left wing Steve MacIntyre to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton for a "conditioning assignment" Tuesday, but the Penguins said both remain on the active 23-man roster.
Earlier in the day, Penguins coach Dan Bylsma announced right wing Tyler Kennedy as a "game-time decision" for Friday night. He has not played since Oct. 15 because of a concussion.
Celebrating the vets
The Penguins will honor military veterans with a full day of activities Friday through their game Friday night against Dallas at 7 p.m. On the "Support Our Heroes" agenda:
• 12 wounded veterans will attend the game-day practice at Consol Energy Center. They represent Wounded Warrior Project, Operation Troop Appreciation and the Veteran's Administration.
• Players will wear special camouflage jerseys in pre-game warm-ups. The jerseys will be autographed and auctioned with proceeds going to Wound Warrior Project and Operation Troops Appreciation.
• Fans in attendance will receive an American Flag Foundation wristband.
• ROTC members will be stationed at all entry gates.
• Military veterans will participate in Zamboni rides during game breaks and intermissions.
• Select military members will be hosted in suites purchased by Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin.
• All veterans will receive a 20-percent discount at the team store today and Saturday.
Source: Penguins media relations
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Healthy again, Penguins’ Dupuis eager for game action
- Penguins notebook: Wild beat Pens behind Pominville’s hat trick
- Penguins notebook: Scuderi OK with new defensive system
- Ex-assistant Granato: No animosity toward Penguins
- Penguins’ Kapanen bolsters chance to make team in exhibition win
- With analytics, NHL is whole new game
- Penguins notebook: Consol ice still a matter of concern
- Penguins notebook: Injury to sideline Bennett 6 weeks
- Wings coach Babcock does not hide affection for Penguins’ Crosby
- Veteran right winger Adams fighting for roster spot with Penguins
- Penguins blanked at Columbus, 2-0