Penguins' Sidney Crosby won't play tomorrow against Florida
SUNRISE, Fla. — Penguins captain Sidney Crosby will not play tomorrow night against Florida, according to coach Dan Bylsma.
Crosby did participate in Friday's practice but did not address the media.
Bylsma said that there is no change to Crosby's status and that no timetable for his return is in place. Crosby skated 30 minutes longer than his teammates at Friday's practice.
Following tomorrow's contest against the Panthers, the Penguins play three consecutive home games next week.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Penguins’ Crosby details his mumps experience
- Penguins continue to thrive, despite spate of ailments
- With 3 more players possibly affected, Pens’ mumps fight escalates
- Penguins notebook: Kunitz tests foot by skating during practice
- Penguins’ Maatta to seek second opinion for shoulder
- Penguins defenseman Letang having best season in new system
- ‘Rash of sickness’ hits Crosby, Penguins
- Penguins notebook: Crosby to miss 2 games as precautionary measure
- Blue Jackets prevail over Penguins in shootout
- Penguins player might have exposed Children’s Hospital patients to mumps
- Mumps confirmed for Penguins’ Bennett; team intern also affected