Penguins' Vitale signs 2-year extension
The Penguins have signed forward Joe Vitale to a two-year, $1.1 million contract extension.
Vitale, 26, leads the Penguins with a 55.9 percent success rate on faceoffs and is fourth among forwards with 24 blocked shots. He also is a key member of the team's penalty-kill unit that is fourth in the NHL at 87.4 percent. He has scored three goals and seven assists this season.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Penguins’ Pouliot learns from rookie season
- Coach Johnston trying to figure out why Penguins ‘fell off a cliff’
- Injured Penguins optimistic about returning next season
- Crosby, Malkin want to remain in Pittsburgh
- Rossi: Penguins’ best bet is on Martin
- Young defensemen make case for future with Penguins
- Penguins’ Malkin: ‘We’re not a championship team’
- From injuries to front office, Penguins’ season didn’t lack drama
- Penguins notebook: Crosby to play in worlds for 1st time since 2006
- Penguins president: General manager, coach won’t be fired
- Rossi: Rutherford falling apart, too