Crosby skates before Penguins' road trip
-- Sidney Crosby skated apart from his Penguins teammates for about an hour Friday at Southpointe and later accompanied the club on its road trip to Boston for a game today and New Jersey on Sunday. Coach Dan Bylsma said Crosby, who hasn't played since Dec. 5, also will skate before those games. The Penguins are 13-10 since Crosby went out of the lineup.
-- Bylsma said right wing Arron Asham, who hasn't played since Jan. 15, continues to suffer from concussion-like symptoms.
-- Center Jordan Staal and defenseman Simon Despres are participating in off-ice workouts but are not skating, Bylsma said. "They are progressing," he said. "Sometime next week will a possibility (for when they return to the lineup)."
-- Bylsma said newly acquired center Cal O'Reilly will play this weekend on a line with Steve Sullivan and Tyler Kennedy. "It's a little bit more of an offensive-looking line," he said. O'Reilly, who had two goals and four assists in 27 games with Nashville and Phoenix before the Penguins claimed him off waivers Wednesday, also will skate on the second power-play unit.
-- Bylsma cut short his post-practice meeting with reporters while battling laryngitis. He said it was not the result of yelling at his players. "We had an exceptional practice, so I don't have an explanation," he said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers kicker Boswell puts best foot forward
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not grooming successor to RB Williams
- Penn State football coach Franklin renews his plea for patience
- Putin sends air defense missiles to Syria to deter Turkey
- Former Mountaineer Bailey shot in head in Miami
- Hempfield man fights off intruders
- H&M to open in Westmoreland Mall
- North Shore parking garage plan moves forward in Pittsburgh
- Occupying playoff spot on Thanksgiving good harbinger for Penguins
- Pittsburgh man charged with 56 counts after high-speed chase over weekend
- 2nd command officer at Allegheny County Jail punished