Staal will rejoin Penguins' lineup Saturday
Jordan Staal will rejoin the Penguins lineup Saturday, coach Dan Bylsma said today. Staal, who missed the past month with a left knee injury, hasn't played since Jan. 6.
"I know he wanted to play quite a bit the past 15 games," Bylsma said. "I expect him to be used significantly."
Staal, who has 15 goals and six assists in 34 games, will center a line with Pascal Dupuis and Matt Cooke. His medial collateral ligament was injured in a collision with the Rangers' Mike Rupp.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins hire Agnew as assistant
- Penguins are saying captain Crosby’s right wrist may need surgery
- New general manager Rutherford, Penguins in favor of short-term deals
- Former Predators winger Hornqvist embraces recent trade to Penguins
- New Penguins winger Spaling files for arbitration
- Pens hope to reach long-term deal with Brandon Sutter
- Downie: Joining Penguins ‘made sense’
- Penguins sign controversial Downie to bring an edge to squad
- Pens’ Rutherford expects to lose Niskanen, Jokinen; could trade first-round draft pick
- Penguins plan to be aggressive in free agency
- Kulemin, Pouliot among top targets for Penguins in NHL free agency