Staal will rejoin Penguins' lineup Saturday
Jordan Staal will rejoin the Penguins lineup Saturday, coach Dan Bylsma said today. Staal, who missed the past month with a left knee injury, hasn't played since Jan. 6.
"I know he wanted to play quite a bit the past 15 games," Bylsma said. "I expect him to be used significantly."
Staal, who has 15 goals and six assists in 34 games, will center a line with Pascal Dupuis and Matt Cooke. His medial collateral ligament was injured in a collision with the Rangers' Mike Rupp.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers kicker Boswell puts best foot forward
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not grooming successor to RB Williams
- Hempfield man fights off intruders
- Penn State football coach Franklin renews his plea for patience
- 2nd command officer at Allegheny County Jail punished
- Stop by Stanley’s Bar & Grill in Ford City for Thanksgiving dinner
- H&M to open in Westmoreland Mall
- Video of white Chicago patrolman fatally firing on fleeing black youth sparks demonstrations
- Occupying playoff spot on Thanksgiving good harbinger for Penguins
- North Shore parking garage plan moves forward in Pittsburgh
- Pitt’s Dixon monitoring minutes early in season