Staal will rejoin Penguins' lineup Saturday
Jordan Staal will rejoin the Penguins lineup Saturday, coach Dan Bylsma said today. Staal, who missed the past month with a left knee injury, hasn't played since Jan. 6.
"I know he wanted to play quite a bit the past 15 games," Bylsma said. "I expect him to be used significantly."
Staal, who has 15 goals and six assists in 34 games, will center a line with Pascal Dupuis and Matt Cooke. His medial collateral ligament was injured in a collision with the Rangers' Mike Rupp.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Kunitz ‘really close’ to return
- Fleury’s career-best 6th shutout lifts Penguins over Avalanche in overtime
- Penguins star Crosby talks about his experience with mumps
- Penguins notebook: Zatkoff returns to team as Fleury’s backup
- Penguins defenseman Letang having best season in new system
- With 3 more players possibly affected, Pens’ mumps fight escalates
- Penguins notebook: Crosby to miss 2 games as precautionary measure
- ‘Rash of sickness’ hits Crosby, Penguins
- Penguins notebook: Players back team doctors in mumps aftermath
- Penguins’ Maatta to seek second opinion for shoulder
- Penguins player might have exposed Children’s Hospital patients to mumps