Staal will rejoin Penguins' lineup Saturday
Jordan Staal will rejoin the Penguins lineup Saturday, coach Dan Bylsma said today. Staal, who missed the past month with a left knee injury, hasn't played since Jan. 6.
"I know he wanted to play quite a bit the past 15 games," Bylsma said. "I expect him to be used significantly."
Staal, who has 15 goals and six assists in 34 games, will center a line with Pascal Dupuis and Matt Cooke. His medial collateral ligament was injured in a collision with the Rangers' Mike Rupp.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins minor league notebook: Pouliot impresses early in season
- Penguins notebook: Penguins getting fewer power-play opportunities
- Mears savors success, credits legendary Lange for guidance, inspiration
- Islanders outwork Penguins to sweep back-to-back meetings
- New assistant Agnew has Pens’ PK, defense among league’s best
- Penguins fans from England, Spain journey across pond to Pittsburgh
- Penguins notebook: Dupuis’ absence will alter roles on penalty kill
- Penguins notebook: Dupuis to miss Penguins game in Montreal
- Penguins defenseman Maatta makes his return in win over Canadiens
- Starkey: Pens move on with, without Dupuis
- Fleury denied 300th win as Penguins lose to Islanders in shootout