• The New York Rangers have had the best record in the Eastern Conference for most of the season and, with a victory against the Penguins tonight at Madison Square Garden, could essentially put the Atlantic Division title in the bag. But even though his team has a six-point lead in the division, Rangers general manager Glen Sather suggested the Penguins are the favorite in the Eastern Conference. "Every game we've played this year has been intense," he said. "Our team has worked hard. We've got a good bunch of young kids, the chemistry is good." But ... "They're obviously, I think, the best team in the league," Sather added. "With (Sidney Crosby) back, it's certainly going to make it a lot more difficult." The Penguins and Rangers have split four games this season. They meet for a final time April 5 at Consol Energy Center.
• Defenseman Kris Letang (concussion symptoms) appears ready to play tonight. He said Wednesday that he will take part in the morning skate today and his status will be determined afterward. He has been symptom-free for around a week.
• Defenseman Paul Martin practiced for a second consecutive day and is expected to play tonight. He missed the previous two games with an illness. After practicing for two straight days, he still isn't 100 percent.
• The Penguins' home game April 1 against Philadelphia was changed to a 12:30 p.m. faceoff to accommodate NBC. It had been scheduled for 7.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.