Rangers: Pens will be even better with Crosby
• The New York Rangers have had the best record in the Eastern Conference for most of the season and, with a victory against the Penguins tonight at Madison Square Garden, could essentially put the Atlantic Division title in the bag. But even though his team has a six-point lead in the division, Rangers general manager Glen Sather suggested the Penguins are the favorite in the Eastern Conference. "Every game we've played this year has been intense," he said. "Our team has worked hard. We've got a good bunch of young kids, the chemistry is good." But ... "They're obviously, I think, the best team in the league," Sather added. "With (Sidney Crosby) back, it's certainly going to make it a lot more difficult." The Penguins and Rangers have split four games this season. They meet for a final time April 5 at Consol Energy Center.
• Defenseman Kris Letang (concussion symptoms) appears ready to play tonight. He said Wednesday that he will take part in the morning skate today and his status will be determined afterward. He has been symptom-free for around a week.
• Defenseman Paul Martin practiced for a second consecutive day and is expected to play tonight. He missed the previous two games with an illness. After practicing for two straight days, he still isn't 100 percent.
• The Penguins' home game April 1 against Philadelphia was changed to a 12:30 p.m. faceoff to accommodate NBC. It had been scheduled for 7.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Pouliot heading west with team
- Suggestions are aplenty on what Penguins need to break through
- Penguins minor league notebook: Rookie Wilson emerges as 3rd-line NHL prospect
- Starkey: What are Penguins, Pirates up to?
- Penguins notebook: Malkin could return Wednesday at Edmonton
- Stat dropoff, road struggles have Penguins seeking consistency
- Penguins finally break through, defeat Devils at Prudential Center
- Penguins notebook: Crosby understands NHL’s reasoning for ban
- Penguins get physical, trade Goc for Blues’ Lapierre
- Crosby banned from Jets game because he missed All-Star Game
- Penguins notebook: Letang’s status vs. Jets uncertain