Crosby, Letang pleased with recovery
> > Center Sidney Crosby and defenseman Kris Letang, both of whom returned to the lineup Thursday after dealing with head injuries, were pleased with how they responded while playing three games in four days.
Crosby was held without a point against the Flyers on Sunday but looked dangerous at times and just missed the net on a golden opportunity to score in overtime. He finished with three shots and won 11 of 21 faceoffs.
"I had a couple of chances in overtime," Crosby said. "Just need to execute, and hopefully those will go in. Give their goalie credit. He made some good saves."
Defenseman Kris Letang was likely the Penguins' best player yesterday. He had assists on each of their goals and raced from behind the play to break up a two-on-one in overtime.
Letang finished with three assists and was plus-6 on the road trip.
"They were good battles," Letang said. "It was fun to get back in there."
> > Center Joe Vitale did not play against the Flyers after injuring his right shoulder in the second period on Saturday against New Jersey. He was replaced in the lineup by right wing Arron Asham, who returned after missing Saturday because of illness.
> > The Penguins' healthy scratches included center Richard Park, center Dustin Jeffrey and defenseman Ben Lovejoy. Goalie Brent Johnson, who did not make the road trip, remains out with an unknown injury.
> > The Penguins will not practice today and return to action Tuesday at home against Winnipeg.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fleury, Penguins too much for Kings
- Penguins notebook: Team celebrates ‘Hockey Fights Cancer’ event
- Penguins assistant coach Tocchet wants Letang to shoot more on power play
- Penguins veteran defenseman Scuderi’s game looking up
- Starkey: Hockey hypocrites, unite
- Penguins assistant coach Tocchet marvels at Maatta’s demeanor
- Penguins notebook: Jagr still an impact player in 23rd season
- Penguins notebook: Bennett close to returning
- Penguins’ Crosby OK with Neal comments about trade
- Penguins statistics