Crosby, Letang pleased with recovery
> > Center Sidney Crosby and defenseman Kris Letang, both of whom returned to the lineup Thursday after dealing with head injuries, were pleased with how they responded while playing three games in four days.
Crosby was held without a point against the Flyers on Sunday but looked dangerous at times and just missed the net on a golden opportunity to score in overtime. He finished with three shots and won 11 of 21 faceoffs.
"I had a couple of chances in overtime," Crosby said. "Just need to execute, and hopefully those will go in. Give their goalie credit. He made some good saves."
Defenseman Kris Letang was likely the Penguins' best player yesterday. He had assists on each of their goals and raced from behind the play to break up a two-on-one in overtime.
Letang finished with three assists and was plus-6 on the road trip.
"They were good battles," Letang said. "It was fun to get back in there."
> > Center Joe Vitale did not play against the Flyers after injuring his right shoulder in the second period on Saturday against New Jersey. He was replaced in the lineup by right wing Arron Asham, who returned after missing Saturday because of illness.
> > The Penguins' healthy scratches included center Richard Park, center Dustin Jeffrey and defenseman Ben Lovejoy. Goalie Brent Johnson, who did not make the road trip, remains out with an unknown injury.
> > The Penguins will not practice today and return to action Tuesday at home against Winnipeg.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Russian winger Plotnikov could join Penguins in August
- New Penguin Kessel’s shot is what makes him special
- Ex-teammates say Kessel unfairly criticized
- Penguins’ Kessel ‘thrilled’ with chance to play with Crosby, Malkin
- Downie, Ehrhoff lead list of likely Penguins leaving in free agency
- Penguins bringing back defenseman Cole with 3-year extension
- Penguins notebook: Rutherford proves savvy in deal
- Starkey: Rutherford hits jackpot with Kessel
- Hurricanes owner rips Rutherford, Penguins
- Penguins sign defensive prospect
- Shopping season starts up for Penguins amid onset of free agency