Pirates cut 11 players
Bradenton, Fla. -- The Pirates sent 11 players to their minor-league complex today, reducing the number of players in their major-league camp to 48.
Optioned off the 40-man roster to Class AAA Indianapolis was outfielder Rajai Davis. Optioned to Class AA Altoona were pitchers Dave Davidson, Romulo Sanchez and Josh Shortslef, outfielder Nyjer Morgan and infielder Javier Guzman.
Non-roster invitees reassigned included pitchers Allan Simpson and Franquelis Osoria, catcher Carlos Maldonado, infielder Eddy Garabito and outfielder Vic Buttler.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pirates special instructor Tekulve taking second chance to heart
- Pirates notebook: Hart ‘down a few days’ after cutting foot
- Pirates starting pitcher Worley is in right place, right time with team
- Rossi: Fitting in will be Kang’s biggest hurdle
- Pirates willing to consider high salary to keep star McCutchen
- Pirates notebook: Infield prospect Hanson used to playing elders
- Sawchik: Should McCutchen really get a huge salary bump?
- Burnett’s farewell tour wishlist has just 1 item: Pirates World Series
- Pirates notebook: Sadler gets first Grapefruit start
- Ex-Brewers star Hart hopes to prove to Pirates he still can play
- Lincoln tries to rejuvenate career in second stint with Pirates