Pirates cut 11 players
Bradenton, Fla. -- The Pirates sent 11 players to their minor-league complex today, reducing the number of players in their major-league camp to 48.
Optioned off the 40-man roster to Class AAA Indianapolis was outfielder Rajai Davis. Optioned to Class AA Altoona were pitchers Dave Davidson, Romulo Sanchez and Josh Shortslef, outfielder Nyjer Morgan and infielder Javier Guzman.
Non-roster invitees reassigned included pitchers Allan Simpson and Franquelis Osoria, catcher Carlos Maldonado, infielder Eddy Garabito and outfielder Vic Buttler.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Burnett pitches well in farewell, but Pirates lose to Reds
- Are Pirates better positioned to win it all this postseason?
- Pirates fans on edge as season again coming down to wild card
- Pirates notebook: It’s official: Cole to start wild-card game against Cubs
- Starting 9: How can the Pirates catch the Cardinals in the future?
- Gameday: Pirates vs. Reds, Oct. 4, 2015
- Pirates notebook: Morton traces struggles to mechanics of delivery
- Marte’s 2-run homer in 12th polishes off Reds
- Gameday: Pirates vs. Reds October 3, 2015
- Cardinals clinch NL Central by beating Pirates in 2nd game of doubleheader