Pirates to tender contracts to five players
Pirates general manager Neal Huntington today said the team will tender contracts to all five of its arbitration-eligible players.
Freddy Sanchez, Adam LaRoche, Xavier Nady and John Grabow each are in their second year of arbitration eligibility. Jose Bautista is eligible for the first time.
Any eligible player who is not tendered by midnight tomorrow becomes a free agent.
Last season, the Pirates tendered eight players and wound up negotiating one-year contracts with each of them before the arbitration hearings began.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates show depth in earning victory over Rockies; Polanco has big night
- Pirates notebook: Hurdle mulling rotation options
- Pirates notebook: Catcher Cervelli among ejection leaders
- Gameday: Pirates vs. Rockies, Aug. 29, 2015
- Pirates turn nifty double play in 9th, edge Marlins
- Gameday: Pirates vs. Rockies, Aug. 28, 2015
- Pirates notebook: Burnett’s simulated game goes well
- Starting 9: Hurdle must act as Pirates’ traffic cop
- Marte’s glove, walk-off homer push Pirates past Giants
- Gameday: Pirates at Marlins, Aug. 26, 2015
- Pirates notebook: Former 1st-round pick Tucker has shoulder surgery