Notebook: Shoulder sidelines Bucs' Nady
• Right fielder Xavier Nady (bruised shoulder) was not in the starting lineup Friday against Tampa Bay. After a nine-game absence, Nady started Thursday's rain-shortened game against the Yankees and struck out in his only at-bat. "He's a little sore," manager John Russell said. "But we knew, with that type of injury, it's going to be an as-tolerated type of thing."
• Adam LaRoche, who is batting .192 against lefties, was given the night off against Tampa Bay's Scott Kazmir. In his career, Kazmir had held left-handed batters to a .211 average.
• Right-hander Ryan Drese signed as a free agent and was assigned to Triple-A Indianapolis. Drese, 32, had been playing in the independent Atlantic League. He last pitched in the majors in 2006 with the Washington Nationals.
• Shortstop Jordy Mercer and third baseman Matt Hague were promoted from short-season State College to Single-A Lynchburg. Mercer and Hague were the third- and ninth-round draft picks, respectively, this year.
• Because of Thursday's rainout, the series with the Yankees officially was a two-game series. The total attendance of 77,819 was a PNC Park record for a two-game set, surpassing the 73,585 who saw two games against Milwaukee in May 2001.
5 -- Sellouts at PNC Park last season.
3 -- Sellouts so far this season.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates pitcher Morton turns in solid performance in win over Marlins
- Pirates notebook: Morton’s return to Pirates means Liz leaves
- Gameday: Pirates vs. Marlins, May 26, 2015
- Pirates notebook: Substance rule a sticky subject
- Pirates reassign Liz to make roster room for Morton
- Starter Liriano strikes out 12, leads Pirates to series sweep of Mets
- Former pitcher Allie happily adjusting to outfield
- Pirates chase Mets’ Harvey early in rout
- THE BLAME GAME
- Biertempfel: Despite Marte’s inconsistency, Pirates’ Hurdle keeping faith
- Gameday: Pirates vs. Mets, May 24, 2015