Pirates' Bullington claimed off waivers by Cleveland
Former Pirates right-handed pitcher Bryan Bullington was claimed off waivers today by the Cleveland Indians.
Bullington, the Pirates' 2002 first-round draft pick, the first player taken overall, had been designated for assignment July 3. If he had cleared waivers, the Pirates could have re-signed him as a minor leaguer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Spring training breakdown: Pirates 7, Tigers 3
- Reliever Holdzkom among three players cut by Pirates
- Pirates again approach Polanco about contract extension
- Pirates pitchers finding success with expanded strike zone
- Pirates notebook: Locke the choice to be 5th starter
- Alvarez latest in Pirates’ revolving door at first base
- Pirates’ outfield may have few defensive peers
- Reversing the field: Pirates continue to raid Yankees for hidden skill
- Starting 9: As franchise values soar, do owners hold or sell?
- MLB commissioner: Pirates’ success starts in the front office
- Pirates notebook: Polanco’s power outburst a matter of timing