Bucs trade Craig Wilson to Mariners
On a busy day in the Pirates' minor league system, the team traded former starting outfielder Craig Wilson to the Seattle Mariners for a player to be named on Thursday.
Wilson was hitting .230 with 10 homers and 27 RBIs at Triple-A Indianapolis.
The Pirates also acquired right-hander Dan Reichert and infielder-outfielder Ryan Mulhern from the Indians, also for a player to be named.
Reichert was 1-3 with a 4.40 ERA in eight games since joining Triple-A Buffalo, where Mulhern had a .250 average with seven homers and 26 RBIs in 58 games.
Pirates general manager Neal Huntington was a former Indians executive before taking the Pirates' job last year.
Also, the Pirates recalled right-hander Luis Munoz from Double-A Altoona, where he was recently sent after being demoted from Indianapolis.
Munoz takes the roster spot of former first-round draft pick John Van Benschoten, who was returned to Indianapolis for the second time this season after lasting 4 2-3 innings Wednesday night against Houston.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 2B Walker, Pirates smash through Tigers pitching in road victory
- Pirates notebook: Cole cool about hostile comment
- Gameday: Pirates at Tigers, July 2, 2015
- Bush Center displays rare Honus Wagner baseball card
- Pirates hope 1st baseman Alvarez starts to regain power stroke
- Pirates notebook: Cervelli gets 1st career DH start
- Gameday: Pirates at Tigers, June 30, 2015
- Gameday: Pirates at Detroit, July 1, 2015
- Liriano dominates former team as Pirates rout White Sox
- Pirates grind out extra-inning win against testy Tigers
- Pirates notebook: Pitchers’ ploys force Kang to adapt