Notebook: Capps' rehab on track
• Closer Matt Capps (shoulder) is scheduled to throw one inning Tuesday for Double-A Altoona. Capps' rehab is slightly ahead of schedule, and he's on track to rejoin the Pirates at the end of August.
• Reliever Tyler Yates was back with the team Friday. Yates had left the team Tuesday to attend to a personal matter in Pittsburgh.
• Catcher Ronny Paulino, who's been out since June with an ankle injury, re-joined Triple-A Indianapolis yesterday. Paulino had been rehabbing in the Gulf Coast League in Bradenton, Fla., providing a familiar target for Capps.
• Reliever Franquelis Osoria and outfielder Chris Duffy cleared waivers and were assigned to Indianapolis. Both were designated for assignment last week to clear space on the 40-man roster after the Jason Bay trade.
• The Pirates signed their 16th-round draft pick, outfielder Wesley Freeman of All Saints Academy high school in Florida.
• The Pirates announced plans to build a $250,000 multipurpose training field at the Pirate City complex in Bradenton, Fla. The grass field is expected to be ready by January.
-- .365 Ryan Doumit's batting average since the All-Star break.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Behind Liriano, Pirates complete sweep of Diamondbacks
- Gameday: Pirates at Cubs, April 27, 2015
- Biertempfel: Observations from a day at the ballpark
- Bradenton outfielder Barnes burdened by his body
- Burnett’s stellar start paves way for Pirates’ victory over Diamondbacks
- Pirates notebook: Miffed Melancon finds success, will stick with his routine
- Pirates’ Cole reinforces status as emerging ace
- Pirates notebook: Marte, McCutchen out of starting lineup in series finale
- Pirates look to continue success in cross-country trips
- Sawchik: Young Cubs could threaten for foreseeable future
- Starting Nine: Should Pirates add impact arm?