Pirates tab Hill for first base coach
The Pirates today rounded out their major coaching staff by naming Perry Hill first base coach.
Hill, 56, has coached 14 seasons in the majors, most recently as first base/infield coach for the Florida Marlins (2002-06).
Hill spent 14 years with the Texas Rangers organization, including four seasons (1992-95) at the major league level as first base coach and infield instructor. He also worked for the Detroit Tigers and Montreal Expos.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pirates bow meekly to Reds, suffer 5th consecutive loss
- Coonelly: McCutchen’s struggles not related to bouts of left knee inflammation
- Pirates notebook: Lombardozzi gets called up; Lambo hits DL
- Gameday: Pirates vs. Reds, May 7, 2015
- Pirates notebook: Another Korean Baseball Organization star on Pirates’ radar
- Rossi: Not too early to go with Kang
- Pirates notebook: Hurdle has full confidence in McCutchen’s knee
- Pirates notebook: Burnett shrugs off moving up all-time strikeout list
- Pirates’ offense still stuck in a rut during setback to Reds at PNC
- Gameday: Pirates vs. Reds, May 6, 2015
- Pirates’ McCutchen collects 1,000th career hit in victory over Cubs