Pirates tab Hill for first base coach
The Pirates today rounded out their major coaching staff by naming Perry Hill first base coach.
Hill, 56, has coached 14 seasons in the majors, most recently as first base/infield coach for the Florida Marlins (2002-06).
Hill spent 14 years with the Texas Rangers organization, including four seasons (1992-95) at the major league level as first base coach and infield instructor. He also worked for the Detroit Tigers and Montreal Expos.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 4 ejections, benches-clearing scrum mark Pirates’ win over Reds
- Gameday: Pirates vs. Cubs, August 3, 2015
- Starting 9: Examining Pirates’ deadline decisions
- Pirates farmhand Suchy learns limits of his size, strength
- Pirates notebook: New acquisition Happ more than happy to fill spot in rotation
- Biertempfel: Players, MLB agree logic of season’s setup needs to be examined
- Reds solve Cole, stave off Pirates’ 9th-inning rally
- Gameday: Pirates at Reds, Aug. 2, 2015
- Marte’s 2 fine defensive plays rescue Pirates in victory over Reds
- Pirates place Burnett on 15-day disabled list
- McCutchen, Pirates hitters increasingly in crosshairs