Everything looks good for Bucs' Tabata
BRADENTON, Fla. — The Pirates appear to have dodged a bullet with prized-outfielder prospect Jose Tabata.
A magnetic resonance imaging exam of Tabata's right shoulder today revealed "no structural concerns," according to GM Neal Huntington. "He does have some mild rotator cuff inflammation, but is able to return to activities as (the pain is) tolerated."
Tabata had the MRI exam earlier today after reporting some soreness in his shoulder. Tabata was acquired last July in the Xavier Nady trade and is rated the Pirates' third-best prospect.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pirates can’t make up for miscues from Cumpton in loss to Cards
- Pirates notebook: Marte placed on bereavement leave
- Thursday’s scouting report: Pirates at Cardinals
- Pirates notebook: Liriano could make weekend start vs. Reds
- Kovacevic: Who’s better than Cutch?
- Pirates pitching guru Benedict created a ‘Vanimal’ in Worley
- Biertempfel: It’s elementary: Watson deserves to be on All-Star team
- Walk-off homer by Cardinals sinks Pirates for 2nd night in a row
- Pirates notebook: Grilli out, Melancon in as Pirates closer
- Pirates minor league notebook: Kingham cruising since promotion to Triple-A
- Locke outduels mentor Burnett as Pirates sweep Phillies