Macha off Pirates' radar
The Pirates scratched former Milwaukee Brewers manager Ken Macha off the list of candidates to fill their opening.
Macha, a Monroeville native and Pitt product, was told by general manager Neal Huntington that he no longer is under consideration for the job.
That leaves four candidates — Dale Sveum, Bo Porter, Jeff Banister and Carlos Tosca — who have interviewed and remain under consideration. Huntington said he is considering other candidates, an indication he might be waiting until the league championship series to end to schedule more interviews.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates notebook: Hart ‘down a few days’ after cutting foot
- Pirates starting pitcher Worley is in right place, right time with team
- Pirates special instructor Tekulve taking second chance to heart
- Rossi: Fitting in will be Kang’s biggest hurdle
- Pirates notebook: Sadler gets first Grapefruit start
- Ex-Brewers star Hart hopes to prove to Pirates he still can play
- Sawchik: Should McCutchen really get a huge salary bump?
- Team interaction important to Pirates veteran pitcher Burnett
- Pirates notebook: Team has big plans for newcomer Kang
- Pirates notebook: Infield prospect Hanson used to playing elders
- Burnett’s farewell tour wishlist has just 1 item: Pirates World Series