Macha off Pirates' radar
The Pirates scratched former Milwaukee Brewers manager Ken Macha off the list of candidates to fill their opening.
Macha, a Monroeville native and Pitt product, was told by general manager Neal Huntington that he no longer is under consideration for the job.
That leaves four candidates — Dale Sveum, Bo Porter, Jeff Banister and Carlos Tosca — who have interviewed and remain under consideration. Huntington said he is considering other candidates, an indication he might be waiting until the league championship series to end to schedule more interviews.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Friends, family, history lure natives back to Western Pennsylvania
- Crosby scores twice, Malkin delivers OT goal as Penguins beat Blues
- Steelers veteran linebacker Harrison focused on stretch run
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin ends practice with third-down work
- Penguins co-owner Lemieux snuffs rumored rift with Crosby
- Teen charged with firing shots in Wilkins, abducting woman
- Puppies’ eyes glued shut, South Huntingdon animal shelter says
- Artis leads Pitt to lopsided victory over Cornell
- Keystone Bakery closes Greensburg store
- Pirates sign free agent 1B-OF Goebbert, RHP Webster
- Excela, Pitt-Greensburg team on legacy videos for those in twilight of lives