Macha off Pirates' radar
The Pirates scratched former Milwaukee Brewers manager Ken Macha off the list of candidates to fill their opening.
Macha, a Monroeville native and Pitt product, was told by general manager Neal Huntington that he no longer is under consideration for the job.
That leaves four candidates — Dale Sveum, Bo Porter, Jeff Banister and Carlos Tosca — who have interviewed and remain under consideration. Huntington said he is considering other candidates, an indication he might be waiting until the league championship series to end to schedule more interviews.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates add six players to roster, including OF Polanco
- Pirates notebook: Sanchez returns to Bucs in offensive slump
- Tuesday’s scouting report: Pirates at Cardinals
- Pirates notebook: Bucs unlikely to make trade before deadline
- Rossi: Cole perfect pitcher to start pivotal series for Pirates
- Pirates edge Reds, 3-2, for 4th consecutive victory
- Pirates minor league report: Bell concluding breakout season
- Cardinals grab victory over pitcher Cole, Pirates with a late rally
- Biertempfel: First base becoming new hot corner for Pirates
- Pirates starting pitcher Cole growing in his 1st full major-league season
- Pirates notebook: Lambo recalled to bolster bench