Macha off Pirates' radar
The Pirates scratched former Milwaukee Brewers manager Ken Macha off the list of candidates to fill their opening.
Macha, a Monroeville native and Pitt product, was told by general manager Neal Huntington that he no longer is under consideration for the job.
That leaves four candidates — Dale Sveum, Bo Porter, Jeff Banister and Carlos Tosca — who have interviewed and remain under consideration. Huntington said he is considering other candidates, an indication he might be waiting until the league championship series to end to schedule more interviews.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Cole struggles as Brewers continue Miller mastery over Pirates
- No bitter brew for Mercer over reduced playing time after injury
- Gameday: Pirates at Brewers, Sept. 2, 2015
- Two wild-card format hurting Pirates in short term
- Gameday: Pirates at Brewers, Sept. 1, 2015
- Pirates notebook: 6 September call-ups include first-timer Diaz
- Pirates notebook: Former 1st-round pick Tucker has shoulder surgery
- Biertempfel: Pittsburgh native faced quick learning curve as Marlins GM
- No certainty for Pirates’ call-up veterans
- Pirates erupt for 6-run 2nd, maul Marlins behind Locke, McCutchen
- Starting 9: Pirates place renewed emphasis on nabbing base-stealers