Macha off Pirates' radar
The Pirates scratched former Milwaukee Brewers manager Ken Macha off the list of candidates to fill their opening.
Macha, a Monroeville native and Pitt product, was told by general manager Neal Huntington that he no longer is under consideration for the job.
That leaves four candidates — Dale Sveum, Bo Porter, Jeff Banister and Carlos Tosca — who have interviewed and remain under consideration. Huntington said he is considering other candidates, an indication he might be waiting until the league championship series to end to schedule more interviews.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- With fates of key players uncertain, Pirates face important offseason
- Pirates offseason breakdown: Happ among tough decisions
- Pirates no match for Cubs, Arrieta in wild-card loss
- Pirates say goodbye to veteran leaders Burnett, Ramirez
- Pirates notebook: Kang’s injury prompts Hurdle to suggest re-examining slide rules
- Alvarez’s clutch 3-run homer helps Pirates extend winning streak
- Cubs’ Arrieta, Pirates’ Cole leave batters with little margin for error
- Pirates notebook: Tempers boil after Arrieta beaned
- Cubs’ Fowler, Schwarber deliver to sink Pirates
- Starkey: Pirates gaining bad big-game rep