Macha off Pirates' radar
The Pirates scratched former Milwaukee Brewers manager Ken Macha off the list of candidates to fill their opening.
Macha, a Monroeville native and Pitt product, was told by general manager Neal Huntington that he no longer is under consideration for the job.
That leaves four candidates — Dale Sveum, Bo Porter, Jeff Banister and Carlos Tosca — who have interviewed and remain under consideration. Huntington said he is considering other candidates, an indication he might be waiting until the league championship series to end to schedule more interviews.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates third baseman Ramirez’s last ride is about winning a ring
- Gameday: Pirates at Twins, July 28, 2015
- Pirates notebook: No sign of improvement for RHP Sadler
- Cole collects MLB-best 14th win as Pirates take series against Nationals
- Making splash at MLB trade deadline not always in buyers’ best interest
- Starting 9: Pirates help and the illusion of help
- Pirates minor league report: Moore a breakout star in Morgantown
- Pirates notebook: Cervelli cherishes All-Star gift from teammate Burnett
- Pirates hit 3 homers off Scherzer in 7-5 win
- Nationals pound Burnett, Pirates
- Pitt football notebook: Boyd returns from monthlong suspension