Pirates president Coonelly evaluating GM Huntington's status
BRADENTON, Fla. — Pirates president Frank Coonelly is evaluating the status of general manager Neal Huntington, but so far has not offered him a contract extension.
"He is under contract for this season and it's our expectation that Neal will be here for a long time," Coonelly said Saturday morning. "He has hot been extended at this point. We'll continue to evaluate it as we move forward."
Huntington was hired in September 2007, shortly after Coonelly joined the front office. Huntington was given a one-year extension in October 2009, but Coonelly did not make that public until eight months later.
During Huntington's tenure, the Pirates have gone 67-95 (in 2008), 62-99 (in 2009) and 57-105 (last season
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- 12-year-old’s donated heart joins families, lets her memory live
- Kin of 2013 DUI crash victim in Hempfield lose young family in fire
- Connellsville native Stafford remembered for her generosity
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- Pittsburgh police officers start wearing video cameras
- City Theatre offers sweet, supportive take on Shanley’s ‘Outside Mullingar’
- Demand for hazmat suits due to Ebola outbreak triples firm’s production
- Pa. Congressional candidates hear about wide range of issues, concerns
- Natrona Bottling Co. keeps soda pop operation small, putting effort into craft, taste