Josh Fields traded to Colorado Rockies
» Infielder Josh Fields, who last week was cut from big league camp, was traded to the Colorado Rockies on Monday for either a player to be named later or cash considerations. The Pirates also are trying to deal infielder Andy Marte, who previously was reassigned to minor league camp.
» According to the Pirates, right-hander James McDonald (sore side) threw a bullpen session "without issue." McDonald will throw a simulated game Thursday in Florida and is slated to start April 5 against the St. Louis Cardinals.
» If McDonald can't make his start against the Cardinals, righty Jeff Karstens will make a spot start. Karstens gave up one unearned run and five hits in 42⁄3 innings yesterday in a 4-3 loss against the Minnesota Twins in Fort Myers., Fla.
» The Pirates took 11 minor leaguers with them last night to Philadelphia, where the team will play two exhibition games against the Phillies. Among those making the trip are Starling Marte, Brian Friday and Jordy Mercer.Additional Information:
Pirates at Phillies
Citizens Bank Park, Philadelphia
Radio: WPGB-FM (104.7), XM Channel 183
Pirates starter: RHP Ross Ohlendorf
Phillies starter: RHP Roy Oswalt
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Bucs still battlin’
- Pirates notebook: McCutchen returns to starting lineup; Alvarez out
- Pirates down Cardinals, inch closer in wild-card chase
- Biertempfel: Bucs must balance playing hurt or sitting out
- Braves’ error, Sanchez’s sacrifice fly in 9th help Pirates snap long skid
- Time on the bench gets Snider back into Pirates lineup
- Alvarez delivers 2 homers as Pirates pummel Brewers, 10-2
- McCutchen says he’s not 100 percent, but ‘good enough’ to play