Josh Fields traded to Colorado Rockies
» Infielder Josh Fields, who last week was cut from big league camp, was traded to the Colorado Rockies on Monday for either a player to be named later or cash considerations. The Pirates also are trying to deal infielder Andy Marte, who previously was reassigned to minor league camp.
» According to the Pirates, right-hander James McDonald (sore side) threw a bullpen session "without issue." McDonald will throw a simulated game Thursday in Florida and is slated to start April 5 against the St. Louis Cardinals.
» If McDonald can't make his start against the Cardinals, righty Jeff Karstens will make a spot start. Karstens gave up one unearned run and five hits in 4 2⁄3 innings yesterday in a 4-3 loss against the Minnesota Twins in Fort Myers., Fla.
» The Pirates took 11 minor leaguers with them last night to Philadelphia, where the team will play two exhibition games against the Phillies. Among those making the trip are Starling Marte, Brian Friday and Jordy Mercer.Additional Information:
Pirates at Phillies
Citizens Bank Park, Philadelphia
Radio: WPGB-FM (104.7), XM Channel 183
Pirates starter: RHP Ross Ohlendorf
Phillies starter: RHP Roy Oswalt
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates pitchers finding success with expanded strike zone
- Pirates notebook: Polanco’s power outburst a matter of timing
- Alvarez latest in Pirates’ revolving door at first base
- Starting 9: As franchise values soar, do owners hold or sell?
- Spring training breakdown: Pirates 8, Blue Jays 3
- Pirates notebook: Locke makes bid for final rotation spot, Tabata cut
- MLB commissioner: Pirates’ success starts in the front office
- About face: Pirates’ Burnett now digging the shifts
- McCutchen says injury won’t prevent him from playing Opening Day
- Pirates notebook: Morton’s struggles continue during rough outing versus Astros
- Reliever Caminero’s chances of making Pirates’ roster heating up